• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    eForm 4 submitted 10/15/22 and approved 5/23. 196 days. Individual. 22 Dead Air Mask can. Picked it up at Cindy's today.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    eForm 4 trust through Silencer Central was finally approved today! Submitted 7/12/22, approved 5/6/23

298 days and a can on the way soon....

HOLYSHITFINALLY.jpg

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    @Sticky It will probably be another month(ish). They'll have you electronically sign the 4473, then they'll ship the can to a dealer in MD, then that dealer will ship it to you with a signature required. That process usually takes a total of a month or thereabouts. YMMV.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    @Sticky It will probably be another month(ish). They'll have you electronically sign the 4473, then they'll ship the can to a dealer in MD, then that dealer will ship it to you with a signature required. That process usually takes a total of a month or thereabouts. YMMV.
    Yea I figure at least a few weeks. I did the 4473 right after I got the emails on Saturday, so that part is done on my end, they have to notify local law enforcement and give them 7 days to put up a fight and then I should get a shipping notice that it's headed to MD, probably a week and a half or so for that, then wait til the local FFL receives it and can reship to me. Then I have to play the signature game, since I am rarely home during the day on weekdays, so we'll see how that shakes out. It's been 300 days, whats another 10% :lol2:

I may reach out to the FFL and see if I can go pick it up. It's an FFL in Prince Frederick, so that's not too hateful if I can go that route and save dealing with USPS (if that's how they usually ship).

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    CS isn’t as simple as they make it out to be.
    They make that clear if you read the fine print, which I did. It is actually a very simple process, but... it takes freaking forever! I have probably spent a total of an hour so far, from calling in the order because I wanted to mail them a check (my trust bank account does not have a card to do it online) and the rest of the process is all done online, which is very easy once you have the trust, prints, etc all lined up, just email it, do the paperwork (all online) and wait... forever....

The final steps, short of waiting for the leo notification and shipping from out west was fast and efficient, so I do give them credit there. Here are the emails, first from the BATFE and then within an hour, I was done and another wait begins...

Screenshot 2023-05-08 180639.jpg

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Getting shipped from SC to the MD FFL now, so I guess I passed the 7 day wait.. Got the notification yesterday.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    My latest eForm 4 via SS.
    From and including: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
To and including: Thursday, April 27, 2023
    Result: 234 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    AR-15 SBR in 300BLK regular (non-amnesty) eForm 1 - Trust:

Submitted 4/21/23
    Approved 6/5/23

Bang on 6 weeks when you take Memorial Day away.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    eform 4 octane 45 through LGS
    submitted 9/1/22
    aprroved 6/5/23

this was the bogo suppressors from silencerco promotion they ran in nov/dec of 2021.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    They were averaging 9 for a little bit excluding a few flyers and now 8 seems to be common. With the free stamp window closed I’d expect to see the number start to drop in a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom