• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Serious question: What are they investigating that takes so long? Isn't just about every data base computerized?
    It's not the investigation, it's the stack on the examiners desk. they only have so many that do It and 10's to thousands of apps. I have been collecting stamps for years. You would think that would make it go quicker. Nope. Each one is a new investigation.

Saberwalk

MDS Supporter
    Aug 13, 2020
    MD
    Wonder if they are speeding up. Just received my approval for a suppressor today.

Certified 8-29-2022
    Approved 4-14-2023

Was actually expecting in late May

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I put 4 in on 2/3/23. They have all been approved.
    Is there a website that outlines what's needed to do one of these that is fairly easy to follow?

When this crap first came out, there was so much misinformation put out that I just got pissed at trying to sift through the BS and gave up.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Is there a website that outlines what's needed to do one of these that is fairly easy to follow?

When this crap first came out, there was so much misinformation put out that I just got pissed at trying to sift through the BS and gave up.
    You could try using Silencer Shop. They will charge you $50, but the process will be simple.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You could try using Silencer Shop. They will charge you $50, but the process will be simple.

Oh good, SS is doing Form 1’s again? Last few times I checked, their site stated their form 1 service was discontinued. I was planning on SBR’ing one of my pistols even before the ATF issued their unjust ruling. SilencerShop discontinuing that service convinced me otherwise. Glad to see it’s back. I might drop one in there quickly before the deadline.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Go online to SilencerShop, and read their instructions, but even better - watch their video. I believe that Silencer Central has the more or less same procedures and guidance (plus they’ll ship the suppressor directly to your home instead of the FFL). SilencerShop has the in-store kiosk though which really helps the process. Good luck whichever way you go.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Oh good, SS is doing Form 1’s again? Last few times I checked, their site stated their form 1 service was discontinued. I was planning on SBR’ing one of my pistols even before the ATF issued their unjust ruling. SilencerShop discontinuing that service convinced me otherwise. Glad to see it’s back. I might drop one in there quickly before the deadline.
    Yup. I believe they started again in February.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Individual. F1 in accordance with the pistol brace rule. 3 of 4 were approved on 3/31/23 and the last was today, 4/14/23.
    I was just on Silencer Shops site and saw that to file with a trust, you had to have an updated copy of the trust proving the "firearm" was in the trust prior to the bill passing. I am going to contact them and see what kind of crap that entails. I would prefer to file with a trust since all of my NFA items, except one, are in a trust.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I was just on Silencer Shops site and saw that to file with a trust, you had to have an updated copy of the trust proving the "firearm" was in the trust prior to the bill passing. I am going to contact them and see what kind of crap that entails. I would prefer to file with a trust since all of my NFA items, except one, are in a trust.
    It would be unusual for someone to have a braced pistol in a trust. If you did you’re very fortunate in this situation.
    If not you’ll have to pay the $200

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It would be unusual for someone to have a braced pistol in a trust. If you did you’re very fortunate in this situation.
    If not you’ll have to pay the $200
    That's kind of what I was thinking. What reason would I have to add something to an NFA trust that was not an NFA item?

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Got two individual form 4's back this week.

One submitted 8/12/22, approved 4/12.

The other submitted 08/19/22, approved 4/13

I've got several more in the pipeline and was hoping for batch approval like I've been seeing reports of online but no dice.

FakeID

Aug 5, 2022
    AACo Maryland
    Adding data point:
    2 cans, both on individual eform 4 trusts, completed through silencer shop
    submitted 7/15/22 and 7/21/22 (due to Silencer Shop/ATF website communication issues at local shop).

No love yet at 277 and 271 days. 1st NFA items.

Still able to laugh about the 90 day estimated return but i am checking my email and junk folders far more often than normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom