• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Yup - I gave the owner a completed Form 4 and was paid in full on 2/26/09. :D

I checked with the ATF today and they told me they received the application on 3/23/09 :mad54:

Can anybody think of a valid reason why this might happen?

Thanks

PS: I made an ass of myself with JeepDriver, who has been nothing but helpful and I did send him an apology. I was acting like an idiot Chad, so again - my apologies.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    3/23/09 may have been when ATF decided to log the form in, there is no telling how long they let paperwork pile up before getting started on it.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Yeah - that's possible; however, I heard from a reliable sources that the FFL never mails them right out. This is why I am asking. IF that is the case, it sure isn't a way to keep people coming back - that is if they found out about it of course.

Now if they never found out about it, no one would be the wiser.

I guess the solution is to write your own check and mail the thing yourself.

Not real happy with the way this whole thing went, of course who would be?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Form 4's do not go straight to WV. They go to GA first with the check, the GA office takes the money then forwards it to. WV for processing.

NFA isn't a over night thing. It requires patience. If you don't have it, stay out of NFA

Form 4's are about a 4 month wait currently.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Form 4's do not go straight to WV. They go to GA first with the check, the GA office takes the money then forwards it to. WV for processing.

NFA isn't a over night thing. It requires patience. If you don't have it, stay out of NFA

Form 4's are about a 4 month wait currently.

I guees I'll just have to learn patience. It's a virtue I don't have. I guess it takes getting used to. :innocent0

Maybe I'll do a SBR - and be more patient. Thanks Chad. :rolleyes:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Damn, and I thought waiting for my FL permit was a patient man's game. I can only assume, though, that the wait is generally worth it for some of these NFA toys. :)

CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    They updated us with 20-25 weeks now.

Stop calling to ask them your status!

its not examiners answering the phone, so call all you want, you wont be slowing down the processing of forms. I'd keep it to less than once per month just to keep from worrying yourself to death though.

when was your check cashed? it usually takes the ATF less than a week to cash the check.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    One suppressor that I got last year took over 13 months. One got approved in 6 months but the Form 4 was misplaced. It took them another month and a half to issue the certified copy of the approved form.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    its not examiners answering the phone, so call all you want, you wont be slowing down the processing of forms. I'd keep it to less than once per month just to keep from worrying yourself to death though.

when was your check cashed? it usually takes the ATF less than a week to cash the check.

No idea when the check was cashed - Contenental wrote the check. I went pending May 7th

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    Does someone (anyone) see anything wrong with this?!? There is NO excuse for a 4 month turn around time. NONE.

Mark

I see lots wrong with it - but like they say, I know it's a crooked game, but it's the only one in town. Not like we can take our business elsewhere - the ATF is the only game in town. :envy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom