Constitutional Carry...crime drops in Ohio...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Exactly what will not be discussed in Md. 2023 was the first full year citizens could get a handgun permit and violent crime dropped, hmmmmmm

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Balmer dropped in the neighborhood of 327 in 2022 to 262 in 2023. But according to the mayor it is all due to the social workers and nothing to do with people finally being able to defend themselves or not being soft targets.

Arloe

Dec 30, 2023
    Oberlin, KS
    I'm very happy to say that, after Justice Thomas's writing for the majority in Bruen, these statistical observations no longer have any relevance whatsoever to our constitutional gun liberties.

All we can do when the criminal deterrent value of citizen gun ownership continues to be obvious is to smile and say:

"Gee, who woulda thunk it?" ~~The Original Mexican Bob

Arloe

Dec 30, 2023
    Oberlin, KS
    Criminals prefer unarmed victims...they don't like guessing who is armed and who isn't. While many crooks are stupid...the smarter ones know when to look elsewhere for prey.
    Mexican Bob,
    You are so right. And ordinary criminals try to maximize advantages over victim vulnerability in many other ways. They are generally also very stupid, as you say. They commit acts that will result in miniscule instant rewards of money, sex, or revenge, (if any reward results at all), while at the same time risking enormous long-term legal and non-legal consequences, including gunshot wounds.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    The gunshot detection systems must be faulty...

"The rate of gun crime in Parma fell the most – by 22% – followed by Akron and Toledo, each with decreases of 18%. Rates for Dayton and Cincinnati increased by 6% and 5%, respectively."

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The entire episode is entertaining, but I wanted to share the segment about Ohio and the study. Crowder's statement of what constitutional carry should be is spot on and I agree 100% (basically state to state, no papers. Borodin
    would blow his mind).

The timestamp didn't work. It starts at 52:10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom