• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    To those of you who have any curiousity , I was speaking with the People at the Gamber Firehall fair today, They had a booth setup for Fiorre for Sheriff and they had a peitition setup opposing sb281 and the Gentleman I spoke to lead me to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56KCBxADL64

For you people leaning on the fence, Please dont mistake the intent of our liberal politicians, They have an agenda and it does not involve your 2nd Amendment rights remaining firmly with you.

As has been stated before you didnt bother when the new laws didnt affect you, you didnt care because the law didn't pertain to guns you owned, You didnt step in because you didnt think they would honestly go this far until there is no one left to stand for your rights.

Sorry if this is a repost I searched Loretta Weinberg and found nothing.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Just FYI, the consensus is that we do NOT want to petition sb281 to a referendum vote. The libs get to write the question that will appear on the ballot and the sheeple in this state will vote to affirm the law, setting us back further in the court battle.(which is where our best chance is)

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    LOL As far as I am concerned she is the bigger terrorist as she poses the bigger risk to my health and freedom.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just FYI, the consensus is that we do NOT want to petition sb281 to a referendum vote. The libs get to write the question that will appear on the ballot and the sheeple in this state will vote to affirm the law, setting us back further in the court battle.(which is where our best chance is)

The referendum wouldn't really do anything either way. What if they had a referendum and the majority of the votes came in that said the Earth was flat? Would that make it flat? Nooo. Same with most 2A questions. They are UNALIENABLE rights - a concept that many are unable to grasp.:sad20:

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Just FYI, the consensus is that we do NOT want to petition sb281 to a referendum vote. The libs get to write the question that will appear on the ballot and the sheeple in this state will vote to affirm the law, setting us back further in the court battle.(which is where our best chance is)[/QUOTE

The ruling on on CCW in maryland changed a whole lot in our favor in this state. Hwck we dont even talk about CCW in this state hardly anymore.

If the ref. fails we can still take it to court as other states have done. The ref. as least appears to be doing something. Where as the NRA has to wait until the law goes into effect. Plus the case would have to go to a liberal fed. Court. Which could very easily uphold the law. Them where would we be.

I along with many Carroll brethren signed last week. As we believe thats is the best course right now.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Just FYI, the consensus is that we do NOT want to petition sb281 to a referendum vote. The libs get to write the question that will appear on the ballot and the sheeple in this state will vote to affirm the law, setting us back further in the court battle.(which is where our best chance is)[/QUOTE

The ruling on on CCW in maryland changed a whole lot in our favor in this state. Hwck we dont even talk about CCW in this state hardly anymore.

If the ref. fails we can still take it to court as other states have done. The ref. as least appears to be doing something. Where as the NRA has to wait until the law goes into effect. Plus the case would have to go to a liberal fed. Court. Which could very easily uphold the law. Them where would we be.

I along with many Carroll brethren signed last week. As we believe thats is the best course right now.

This has been my opinion as well. The only problem with referendum is that it gauges the public interest in getting rid of guns entirely - as people who most likely vote in favor of SB281 would be in favor of any legislation to get rid of baby-killing 30 round magazines and high-caliber 223 bullets.

However - I do not see referendum changing a courts opinion, which people here often mention. The courts should look at prior law and the Constitution to make their decision and not public opinion. I could see how the court *might* overturn parts of the law - but I don't see it overturning the whole law.

2 more years to build up my collection as well as to educate people about what the law doesn't do while other states (CT, NY) take their respective similar issues to the Supreme Court: I don't see the negatives to a referendum. Sometimes I think the people that are asking for a court battle before referendum are working against us by ignoring one of the more powerful tools at our capacity.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    MD referendum would be huge national news and it would be bad for the pro gun movement. If Texas had a referendum it would get dismissed right away as being biased but a MD one... Ugh, can't even begin to think about the new rally calls the gun grabbers would do with these numbers on their hands.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been asked by people I respect to sign a petition for this referendum.

My problem with doing so seems to have several facets:

First, I don't like the idea of putting basic rights to a vote.
    Second, any referendum will by drawn up by people who wish it to fail.
    Third, it will delay any suits against the legislation.

While the court process is tedious, it at least has the hope of fairness at the SCOTUS level, where there exist some judges who are willing and capable of using reason instead of emotion, and basing their decisions on the Constitution as written. I see no hope of this in a MD vote.

As to CCW, we still do not have a favorable ruling; Judge Legg's decision was overturned on appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom