• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beavisman1

Band Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 25, 2022
    Virginia
    Recommend going with the one you are more likely to carry, the one you are most confident with at the range.

For me, I like the idea of the Glock 19X which is a Glock 19 slide/barrrel on a Glock 17 frame. Have bigger hands and the purchase I can get on a 19 has always been less than perfect, but the 17 is on the money. Feel like the 19x is the best of both world's.

Last edited:

Mr Pew

Jun 18, 2022
    Land full of Mary's
    You made it to the water cooler! Congrats!
    Ty! Why is the water cooler limited access to begin with, if you know. It was pretty confusing at first.
    Recommend going with the one you are more likely to carry, the one you are most confident with at the range.

For me, I like the idea of the Glock 19X which is a Glock 19 slide/barrrel on a Glock 17 frame. Have bigger hands and the purchase I can get on a 19 has always been less than perfect, but the 17 is on the money. Feel like the 19x is the best of both world's.
    There are too many Glocks at this point. I am leaning towars 43x and 48. It all depends on what my wife likes though.

Armadillofz1

Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I switched from the 19, which i carried for years, to the 43xMOS and never looked back. Smaller and more concealable, seemingly lighter recoil impulse, and the holosun site i added is fantastic with my aging eyes.

beavisman1

Band Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 25, 2022
    Virginia
    I switched from the 19, which i carried for years, to the 43xMOS and never looked back. Smaller and more concealable, seemingly lighter recoil impulse, and the holosun site i added is fantastic with my aging eyes.

I have a 43, wish the frame was a shade larger so I could get a better grip.

Armadillofz1

Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    the 43x has a longer grip than the 43. I agree that if you are used to a true double stack you will find the 43/43x/48 to be a bit small. My hands always struggled a bit with the 19 and 17 sized frames so the transition was welcome.

Glaron

Covid Camp 13R
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Any time metal meets plastic, plastic will wear if there is any abrasive or sharp edges on the metal.
    Generally speaking, metal mag release are flat and don’t have sharp edges. Therefore plastic mags are reasonably safe from being cut down.

However, most metal mags are made in a process which leaves a sharp edge where it contacts the mag release. That will keep cutting the plastic mag release until it fails.

That was my original concern. And why I posted that concern. So that others would be aware of the issue and take the proper steps to avoid it.
    Dammit Dawg,
    I was avoiding this, but as a 43x owner and CCW. I will confirm your concerns are well founded.

I received my 15 round SA mags.. Quickly found with my version of the pistol the magazine pops out at rounds 15, 14 and 13... Making it unreliable for 15 rounds. I wondered at 12.

I followed advice and replace the mag release with a metal one.

Flawless performance.

BUT once I did that the polymer 10 rounds mags were a b!tch to eject. So I dont use those.

In the end I roll with 3 (15) rounders(45) vs 3 (10) and 30....

Hope that helps.

~G

Last edited:

BeachLiving2021

Dec 14, 2021
    I carry a G43 and while it does the trick, I have been looking into getting a 19. The 43’s capacity leaves me wanting tbh. Honestly have been i trilogies by the Sig 365xl but haven’t had the opportunity to shoot one

hogarth

Jun 13, 2009
    Dammit Dawg,
    I was avoiding this, but as a 43x owner and CCW. I will confirm your concerns are well founded.

I received my 15 round round SA mags.. Quickly found with my version of the pistol the magazine pops out at rounds 15, 14 and 13... Making it unreliable for 15 rounds. I wondered at 12.

I followed advice and replace the mag release with a metal one.

Flawless performance.

BUT once I did that the polymer 10 rounds mags were a b!tch to eject. So I dont use those.

In the end I roll with 3 (15) rounders(45) vs 3 (10) and 30....

Hope that helps.

~G

^This.

You've got to either do metal on metal or plastic on plastic. So if you want to run the Shield mags in a 43x/48, change out the mag release for the Shield Arms metal one. But once you do so, you're pretty much restricted to ONLY using the Shield Arms mags, since the metal mag release will tear up the 10 round factory versions.

Not that big of an issue, as long as:

1. Your Shield Arms mags are reliable in YOUR gun (experiences vary) and
    2. You don't make a lot of visits to states/places with capacity limits. Then you'd want to use the factory mags and switch back the mag release to the factory one. And in my experience, changing out the mag release is really the only PIA aspect of working on Glocks.

Glaron

Covid Camp 13R
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Ive narrowed things down to Glock 43x, 48 and 19. It depends on how my girl likes the feel. 19 is a bit chunkier but...
    I have both. The 19 is a backup. I prefer the 43x now. That being said it is yours, make the one YOU are comfortable with. I wont even worry if you go with sig. ;)

clandestine

Oct 13, 2008
    I have seen issues with Gen 1 and Gen 2 Shield Arms S15 mags. They can have reliability issues with feeding and stripping a new round from a locked open slide.

I won't use them, but will revisit when they come out with a gen 3 model. I am waiting for PSA to release their micro dagger mags.

Until then, it's factory G43 mags for me.

Last edited:

Lalez

Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    I love the Glock 48 for here in FL, I carry it 3pm in slim fit T shirt, and khaki golf shorts and no printing at all. I’m very accurate with it.

If you are going to carry a Glock get a 48 or 43x, but I really recommend the 48 more for carry

I also carry the regular p365 a lot as well, especially pocket carry for that one. Sometimes if I need deep deep concealment I’ll carry the p365 3pm, it just disappears.

The original Glock 43 is great but a PITA to shoot well, I had one and eventually got good with it but once the p365 came out it was rendered useless as the p365 has much better recoil and accuracy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Martin Cooper

Latest threads

Top Bottom