• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I, like a few others, have broad shoulders. Even after losing a good bit of weight over the last year and a half. When I got in the medical field I had to get scrub tops another size larger than a "normal" top due to the shoulders... And I looked like I was wearing a gown. Have lost ~ "1 size" in both the top/bottoms. I'm usually the flannel shirt as a light jacket during cooler weather, and a shop/camp shirt for warmer weather. Been looking for decent scrub carry options. I came cross "phlster", which is kinda neat.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I literally have been thinking about this. I think experimentation is in order but think the phone will end up at 9 with the iwb at 4 and mag holder at 7.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Anyone else hear the theme song start playing? ;)

20220816_104249.jpg

Sorry, I know it's a real problem, but that sounds like a mess to me.

I think I would have to relocate the phone to a pocket.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I, like a few others, have broad shoulders. Even after losing a good bit of weight over the last year and a half. When I got in the medical field I had to get scrub tops another size larger than a "normal" top due to the shoulders... And I looked like I was wearing a gown. Have lost ~ "1 size" in both the top/bottoms. I'm usually the flannel shirt as a light jacket during cooler weather, and a shop/camp shirt for warmer weather. Been looking for decent scrub carry options. I came cross "phlster", which is kinda neat.

Another doc here who wears scrubs uses one. I think he said he customized it... changed the leg strap or something. You can probably find his comment with a search.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Thank you, will do!

@dbledoc is the person I was thinking of. I don't think you'll see the posts he mentioned it in since you're still a new member and they're in a closed area.

He said this:

I like it a lot. If I am wearing shorts, sweats, or scrubs it is my go to carry rig (p365xL with a red dot). I am still working out how to carry a spare mag with it. I recommend you get the “sport” band and a wedge too. If I am going to be sitting a usually rotate it into the 9 o’clock position (left handed). Otherwise AIWB.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    @dbledoc is the person I was thinking of. I don't think you'll see the posts he mentioned it in since you're still a new member and they're in a closed area.

He said this:
    Gotcha, LOL i've been "registered" for damn near 10 years, mostly for info and reference when shopping/etc... Got away from "hobbies" whilst in school and starting new career/life.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I still can't seem to wear these. At what age does one make the switch to Hawaiian shirts?
    I've got a bunch of Hawaiian shirts, but I hardly ever wear them any more, thinking that if I look like a clueless elderly tourist it'll draw thugs to an easy mark.

I might be overthinking it, though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've got a bunch of Hawaiian shirts, but I hardly ever wear them any more, thinking that if I look like a clueless elderly tourist it'll draw thugs to an easy mark.

I might be overthinking it, though.
    If you don’t have a 35mm camera around your neck, you should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom