• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    For those that have been carrying a while... do you wear an undershirt of some sort along with you normal shirt to keep the IWB carry setup from getting all sweaty?
    I wear under armour compression heat gear. I like it because my pistol slides over it vs gets stuck to clammy/ sweaty skin and chafe. It also doesn't let my over shirt stick to sweaty or clammy skin resulting in fewer shirt front adjustments.

I didn't go buy it for carrying though, I have a handful of shirts for other reasons.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    For those that have been carrying a while... do you wear an undershirt of some sort along with you normal shirt to keep the IWB carry setup from getting all sweaty?
    Yes, always. It isn't so much about the gun though as the fact that me and heat aren't friends and that shirt will be gross in any kind of heat and humidity.

Preach

Feb 10, 2013
    Germantown
    The Untuckit shirts are way to short...they barely cover your belt...give me a regular loose sloppy shirt by Tommy Bahama or Life is Good any day over one of these made for 5ft 5in men shirts...just sayin

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Dang, I sure wish you chimed in sooner. Would have saved all of us the time and effort having a discussion about something you already have all the answers for.

Glad we can all stop now that we have the perfect solution.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The reality is the firearm industry is littered with stuff that doesn't work and is a money suck.

Very few that live in MD, and I'd guess that are interested in this thread, have expirence carrying a firearm almost daily for over a decade.

If folks think they need special pants and shirts to carry a gun concealed, have it. I'm sure all the criminals in Baltimore have found themselves a niche tailor in town that creates all their CCW daily garmets.

Save yourself the money. Get a solid belt and upsize your pants/shorts.

If you are too overweight to CCW in this method, lose weight. Folks are more likely to die or being fat and out of shape than needing their concealed pistol.

Truth matters....but it can hurt.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The Untuckit shirts are way to short...they barely cover your belt...give me a regular loose sloppy shirt by Tommy Bahama or Life is Good any day over one of these made for 5ft 5in men shirts...just sayin
    Inside the waistband. IWB

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I enjoy the “pair of thieves” brand tank undershirt.

I find them soft and stretchy, but not so uncomfortable as like a high % spandex.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I haven’t changed my wardrobe and don’t figure I need to, if it prints it prints. Haven’t had anybody gasp and go running and screaming yet, living out here has its advantages.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not a big sweater but I do prefer an undershirt ...helps keep the gun from digging in my side.

This .
    The only time ever had an issue with the gun itself was blued Dan Wesson tucked into waistband sans holster . ( Unique situation where that was appropriate ) . Any exposure to sweat led to instant surface rust . Substituted nickled 1911 Gov't , and all was good .

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    This .
    The only time ever had an issue with the gun itself was blued Dan Wesson tucked into waistband sans holster . ( Unique situation where that was appropriate ) . Any exposure to sweat led to instant surface rust . Substituted nickled 1911 Gov't , and all was good .
    Something you don't think of much, with so few blued guns purchased these days.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Something you don't think of much, with so few blued guns purchased these days.

Most blued guns weren't that bad , it was a specific DW thing .

Most blue guns were fine with just a light weekly wipe down , unless something extreme like falling in water or a snowbank .

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    The reality is the firearm industry is littered with stuff that doesn't work and is a money suck.

Very few that live in MD, and I'd guess that are interested in this thread, have expirence carrying a firearm almost daily for over a decade.

If folks think they need special pants and shirts to carry a gun concealed, have it. I'm sure all the criminals in Baltimore have found themselves a niche tailor in town that creates all their CCW daily garmets.

Save yourself the money. Get a solid belt and upsize your pants/shorts.

If you are too overweight to CCW in this method, lose weight. Folks are more likely to die or being fat and out of shape than needing their concealed pistol.

Truth matters....but it can hurt.
    Well in mate--- well in

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Question for current W&C permit holders:
    Do you find yourself with carry & non-carry clothes or have you basically shifted your wardrobe to all clothes that are suitable for carry (with some exceptions of course).
    Option I guess would be to pocket carry a less desirable firearm when the clothing dictates.
    Nope dress same as before and IWB sometimes tucked over and sometimes under untucked shirt. Pocket carry doesn’t have to be undesirable either with the options out there today.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    As a retired, old fat man who basically only wears sweats most of the time. I have worn both a belly band and a belt and holster around the house with a commander size 1911. None of my family ever noticed I was carrying. I found the belly band not too bad for several hours at a stretch.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Question for current W&C permit holders:
    Do you find yourself with carry & non-carry clothes or have you basically shifted your wardrobe to all clothes that are suitable for carry (with some exceptions of course).
    Option I guess would be to pocket carry a less desirable firearm when the clothing dictates.

Not an entirely different set of clothes, but I do avoid some clothes I own when I am carrying (tighter or lighter colored T shirts, pants that fit more snugly around the waist) and I have bought others that will be worn mostly when I will be (looser and darker colors that don't show shadow outlines as much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom