• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't even want to know how you plan to conceal... if that's the plan. :eek:
    Took a second for both meanings to sink in :) .

But that actually leads in to a joke/ not joke .

Q : How do you hide an ankle holster wearing shorts ?
    A: It's easy , just have your ( private parts ) hanging out of your shorts . Nobody will look at your ankles then .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was so happy to discover 5.11 pants; finally I had pockets for everything I wanted to carry. Now I discover that they make me a marked man because tacticool. I don't know if I can give them up to be a grey man; hell, whatever isn't already grey on me is pink.
    The Tru Spec tactical pants don't scream " Undercover Fed " like the 5.11 , but still have a plentitude of pockets .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don’t dress like a cop or Fed , I want to look like any other dough-wad walking around. They will start shooting you 5.11 guys first.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I don't think the the 5.11 crowd stands out too much with your average Joe or Jane on the street-- especially depending on the shirt you choose to wear with them. Those of us that watch too many movies or have been in positions to hang around w/ govt. "contractors" are probably over sensitized to the 5.11 style. But cargo pants have been around long enough now to be seen as casual wear for the most part. Hikers, hunters, work-a-day joes who like pockets-- WE look at them differently...probably a case of confirmation bias.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Took a second for both meanings to sink in :) .

But that actually leads in to a joke/ not joke .

Q : How do you hide an ankle holster wearing shorts ?
    A: It's easy , just have your ( private parts ) hanging out of your shorts . Nobody will look at your ankles then .
    :lol:

TRON 2.0

Free light cycle rides
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 13, 2011
    PG county
    My issue with a lot of the concealed carry shirts is that they all look similar. They all look like tactical shirts. Soon all you need to do to identify someone with a concealed weapon is look for the people wearing the same shirts…

I want to find the shirts that blends in and doesn’t look like a tactical shirt. Something that doesn’t have the brand label markings very bold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Step 1- Any loose-fitting polo shirt works. Any loose-fitting button down collar shirt works.

Step 2- buy pants that are 1 size larger than your ordinary waist, to fit that 1" to 2" pistol and holster IWB.

Step 3- The key is a good BELT that can carry/support the weight of holster and handgun without shifting/sliding.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Step 1- Any loose-fitting polo shirt works. Any loose-fitting button down collar shirt works.
    I'm currently wearing an Eddie Bauer short sleeve, button-up shirt. It says "suburban dad". I can hide a full sized Glock under this thing. Worth recalling that if your shoulders are wider than your waist, you can conceal a gun more easily.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    It is important to train in all of those situations though.

Vertx brand (on Amazon also) has some polo shirts that are a bit pricey but are designed for covert IWB carry with a second layer to protect the skin. I have one that I love and is very comfortable but I won't be buying one for every day of the week.
    I have a vertx polo and it very comfy. I try to only buy there stuff with a 25% off coupon.

The delta stretch pants are amazing, I think I have 6 of them now lol

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This is insane and silly. I've carried newly every day for 16 years and never even thought to buy "special" clothes.

Buy your pants/shorts 1-2 inches larger in the waste and get a very good belt. It is harder to carry OWB in the summer time, so don't. In the fall and winter carry OWB with your jacket over the holster. If you are going somewhere that you expect to take your jacket off, go IWB that day. Semi formal settings requiring a tucked in shirt? That is a bit harder but you can still do it with normal button down shirts but the holster clips are going to show over the belt.

It is not that hard.

19mace92

Aug 2, 2022
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
    This is insane and silly. I've carried newly every day for 16 years and never even thought to buy "special" clothes.

Buy your pants/shorts 1-2 inches larger in the waste and get a very good belt. It is harder to carry OWB in the summer time, so don't. In the fall and winter carry OWB with your jacket over the holster. If you are going somewhere that you expect to take your jacket off, go IWB that day. Semi formal settings requiring a tucked in shirt? That is a bit harder but you can still do it with normal button down shirts but the holster clips are going to show over the belt.

It is not that hard.
    Dang, I sure wish you chimed in sooner. Would have saved all of us the time and effort having a discussion about something you already have all the answers for.

Glad we can all stop now that we have the perfect solution.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Dang, I sure wish you chimed in sooner. Would have saved all of us the time and effort having a discussion about something you already have all the answers for.

Glad we can all stop now that we have the perfect solution.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Dressing around your pistol with the clothes you have is the perfect solution. Buy whatever you want. The point is special clothes aren't needed.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    This has probably been shared but know matter what clothes you wear, this is the belt!

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I like that belt track concept over the belt holes. I go through belts like candy and really need a belt that lasts. Willing to pay the money for it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I like that belt track concept over the belt holes. I go through belts like candy and really need a belt that lasts. Willing to pay the money for it.
    Belts are like leather shoes. Buy at least 2 and rotate them. I have 1 Kore and 4 or 5 Nexbelt. I usually IWB, so I like the Nexbelt. For OWB, I found Kore has a thicker, more durable belt better suited for OWB. Nexbelt is a great non carry belt too.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    For those that have been carrying a while... do you wear an undershirt of some sort along with you normal shirt to keep the IWB carry setup from getting all sweaty?

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I'm not a big sweater but I do prefer an undershirt due to my covid spread I have going on...helps keep the gun from digging in my side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom