MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This is a good topic. I work in construction so I’m often wearing a safety vest with tons of pockets with tools and tons if crap that I fear could snag or get caught on an IWB pistol. However, There are times when I have projects in some really sketchy areas of Baltimore. I’m toting around a $18k laser device sometimes too, which I figure might make me more of a target.

I tried IWB a few times and it’s just too easy for me to accidentally reveal while working and some sites have no firearm policies. So that’s not practical.

I recently got 2 pairs of CCW Breakaway jeans and I’ve tried them out a few times. They are more loose fitting in the hips and thighs but snug on my waist. The pockets are tapered and have smaller section at the bottom, and also a strap in the inside that keeps the pocket and firearm more towards your inner thigh. The depth of the pocket is also adjustable so you can position smaller firearms higher up. The lower section of the pocket is much more narrow, made so a small picket holster fits in there snugly. Lastly the opening at the top of the pocket is a bit wider, and there are two snaps that when you are pulling your firearm out of your pocket the top of the pocket snaps open even wider.

You won’t win any fashion contest wearing these jeans and my wife thinks they looks too baggy. Calls them grandpop pants, but they are good work pants for pocket carry options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    These shirts looked like a possible option.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    These shirts looked like a possible option.
    Read the room. No one on this forum is dropping 100 bucks on a shirt. Let alone 7 to get them through the week LOL
    Also, no XXX My muffin top isn't the problem, but my broad shoulders are. I like these shirts. Guys at work used them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Read the room. No one on this forum is dropping 100 bucks on a shirt. Let alone 7 to get them through the week LOL
    Also, no XXX My muffin top isn't the problem, but my broad shoulders are. I like these shirts. Guys at work used them.
    I got the same problem, er eh, build. DXL had reasonable shirts for manly men.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I knew I should have bought 100 of them. Back in the day, Woolrich used to make a conceal carry shirt that was slightly flared from about the center down. Not very noticeable as a big shirt, but just enough to swallow the printing of an OWB pistol.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Duluth makes a nice selection of outwear that won't break the bank and come in a variety of shapes. If you frequent the Chantilly gun show, they are just a few minutes away in Manassas.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Maybe those guys over on the fancy watch, fancy cufflink, or fancy espresso machine threads would. :innocent0

There's a 5.11 store on Rockville Pike for anyone interested in shopping in person.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Question for current W&C permit holders:
    Do you find yourself with carry & non-carry clothes or have you basically shifted your wardrobe to all clothes that are suitable for carry (with some exceptions of course).
    Option I guess would be to pocket carry a less desirable firearm when the clothing dictates.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Tru-Spec cargo pants and shorts (roomy, expandable waist bands, but not frumpy looking, accessible pockets for cell phones, utility knives, flashlights, extra mags, pockets large enough to comfortably conceal carry a smaller firearm, etc.) ) and Carhartt shirts (longer and thicker material, in both long sleeve and short sleeve). For dressier shirts, I go for patterned, one size larger than normal to avoid printing. And it's all stuff I can wear when I don't carry, which isn't often. Winter time is easier with outer wear, especially if you want to OWB and as long as you don't have to take it off. I prefer ranch coats which are longer than most regular jackets and coats. Just my 2 cents worth. YMMV.
    Edit: Re: "not frumpy looking" from my post above. I decided to show what my Tru-spec cargo shorts look like when I go out. Right front pocket (as seen in photo): LCPII 380 in Desantis pocket holster (Blaster's objection to pocket carry notwithstanding ;)), right front cargo pocket: wallet, left front pants pocket: keys, change, etc., rear of left front cargo pocket: cell phone with outside access (without having to lift cargo flap), left small cargo pocket below regular front cargo pocket: spare magazine. Not pictured are two slots directly behind the two front pants pockets that hold my utility knife and my small flashlight. But as mentioned earlier, YMMV.
    tru-spec.jpg

Last edited:

Larry999

Jul 27, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Flannels for fall and winter and Columbia pfg button up fishing shirt works well in summer and spring . And a good pair of sunglasses so you can always stay vigilant with out people knowing you have eyes on everyone .

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I mean, IMO, tacticool pants w button downs SCREAM "I HAVE A GUN LOOK AT ME!" Just like folks wearing gun manufacturer's clothing.
    Granted, I myself own alot of tactical pants from the FD side of life, but is what it is there.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Flannels for fall and winter and Columbia pfg button up fishing shirt works well in summer and spring . And a good pair of sunglasses so you can always stay vigilant with out people knowing you have eyes on everyone .
    You've been waiting all your life for this moment.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    This is not so much clothing to assist the concealment, but has been very helpful in carrying more comfortably.

I do jiu jitsu, so I have a bunch of compression shirts (under armour material). They have made AIWB in the heat way more comfortable. The material allows the pistol to shift much easier while sitting and it keeps a sweaty slide and sweaty t-shirt off my stomach.

Other than that, I just wear my normal clothes. Shorts and t-shirts or button ups untucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom