• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    You know some people will get one

View attachment 376123

You probably remember, but for those that don't, it has come up before. A few times.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****There was a guy at the gym I used to go to some years back who got hauled off in handcuffs for using a bodycam and filming people in the locker room who were naked, peeing, showering, etc... Someone I guess figured out he had a cam, reported it to management, and the cops were called. In that guys case he was a total perv and ironically it was camera footage of him following people around in the gym and into the locker rooms, or wherever that kind of sealed the deal on him.

I can see wearing a bodycam like that, even if for totally innocent reasons, getting someone in trouble if they aren't a LEO or perhaps have some kind of Special Pervert Endogenous Recap Manifest (SPERM) permit that they can flash around so people know its ok to be doing filming like that everywhere... :sarcasm:
    :crazy:

Yea ok, mebbe mounted on the gun itself, and it turns on as soon as the gun is drawn or something for video and sound capture or whatever, but just wearing a bodycam out in public and everywhere doesn't sound like the best idea.

The current gym I go to now, where I work hard on my 12 inch arms even though today was leg and back day, has very prominent signs saying that no cell phone or filming of people is allowed in the lockers, etc..

Never skip leg day! :thumbsup:

View attachment 375981 View attachment 375982
    HAHA, Glad I wasn't drinking my tall cool glass of milk otherwise my screen would have needed a wash.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    So if you record it on your phone, you think the police are going to let you keep that phone and come and get it in a few days from you with a search warrant?

Or do you think the police will take possession of the phone and then get a search warrant prior to searching your phone?
    who said anything about recording on your phone? the conversation had nothing to do with phones, rather bodycams and or hidden bodycams. most of what I said was in jest anyway but welcome to the conversation. Feel free to amaze me with your procedural knowledge of illegal search and seizure.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    who said anything about recording on your phone? the conversation had nothing to do with phones, rather bodycams and or hidden bodycams. most of what I said was in jest anyway but welcome to the conversation. Feel free to amaze me with your procedural knowledge of illegal search and seizure.
    You're new. You don't know him. His whole carrier involves that. Just sayin'.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know man, it is up there pretty high lol. We already get made fun of enough, can you imagine us all around the town wearing bodycams? People would literally think we were insane, and they might not be wrong at that point lol.
    For the same reason I won't have a dash cam, no body cam for me. It could become a double edged sword.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A dash cam helped me prevail in an accident I was involved in. I had video footage proving the other guy was at fault

Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A dash cam helped me prevail in an accident I was involved in. I had video footage proving the other guy was at fault

Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On any given day, a dashcam would likely get me revoked for life... :lol2:

I'll take my chances, thank you.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So if you do have say, a dash camera in your car/truck, are you required/obligated to turn that footage over to the police? Or do they need a warrant for it?
    No requirement, they can ask, you can say "no", then they have to get a warrant.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Under Maryland's Wiretap Act, it is unlawful to record any private in-person conversation or any telephone or electronic communication unless you are a party to the conversation and have the permission of all the other parties. Additionally, recording with criminal or tortious purpose is illegal, regardless of consent. This is a FELONY
    Audio only, not video. And there is no presumption of privacy in public places.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm not so fast to dismiss the handloads comment but I expand it to "carry nothing custom". I recall a prosecutor some time ago who tried to railroad a homeowner who used an AR with some kind of custom Black Rain dust cover which said something obscene or threatening. Tried to claim he "wanted to kill someone" or whatever. My details are fuzzy.

Yes its some BGOS
    It was a police officer, and the charge was thrown out.

The SA was very over zealous, and should not be taken as the norm.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I said DON’T carry handloads. I want to show I’m using factory ammo purchased for protection in extreme circumstances, not something they can paint as homebrew fantasy killer bullets.
    Talk about BGOS...Hand loads will be the least of the questions you have to answer if you use a firearm in self defense. And has been proven by the handful of defensive uses in Maryland over the years, ammunition has never been an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom