• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    I searched around on the forums some but didn't find an exact answer. I'd like to get into IDPA and eventually 3gun, but the stock Glock sights are terrible. What do you all recommend? I've been looking at Dawsons as well as the cheaper ameriglo's thus far.

This sounds like a 'you can't go wrong situation,' but I'd rather ask around with the experts first!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    IMO best setup is a fiber optic front, and plain black adjustable rear, really draws you to the front sight, and can align hits with POA for any ammo at most distances. Taller sights also help with visibility(adjustables tend to be taller anyway), and most prefer a little narrower blade/wider notch than the factory sights. I have a set of Novaks in the FO/plain adjustable setup on my M&P IDPA pistol, they hold up awesome, and most everyone that has tried them loves them, just put the big green dot on the -0, and pull the trigger, your eye intuitively centers it in the rear sight. A few others like Sevigny or Arotek make the FO-black combination, which are still a huge improvement over factory, but few make adjustable sights, especially without a buisy 3 dot setup.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Concur with the folks above fiber optic front with a black back. I went with fixed Dawson Precision for mine. TTI was a close second, but having dealt with the good folks at Dawson in the past I decided to go with them.

There is nothing wrong with the Sevigny sights but they don't offer as many choices as Dawson, so like a lot of things it's all up to personal preference.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I've been real happy with my Dawson precision sights. The fiber optic front really pics up the light outdoors. It's small enough not to be a distraction either.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I installed these 'True View Gun Optics' www.trueviewgunoptics.com on my SIRT pistol last month and liked them so much I purchased two more sets. (1 red/red & 1 red/green rear) to add to my competition rigs.

For the first time I can see the entire target threw my sights and my split times have greatly improved.

Made in the USA & Maryland.

Attachments

• DSCN0894.jpg
      DSCN0894.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 197
    • DSCN0916.jpg
      DSCN0916.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 193

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads