• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    To clarify, Valkyrie FFT is not affiliated with Vanguard. So, it's not a name change but a new business. Vanguard still exists but we aren't affiliated. We have kept the low prices but improved the instruction. If you want to sign up, call me at 410-497-2053. OR email ValkyrieFirearmsft@gmail.com
    Where do you hold your class?

Valkyrie Firearms Training

Fair and Experienced Firearms Training Parkville
    Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    Where do you hold your class?
    We're holding upcoming classes in Dundalk. However, we do have a class in Cambridge coming up at the end of September. If you have a group of five or more, classroom and range and are located outside of Baltimore county, we're happy to come to you (outside of our regular class hours).

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    You guys run anything geared towards women? I think I saw Vanguard was doing that. Wife wants to take it but is a bit intimidated
    Jen would be a great choice to train your wife. I've met her and seen her work with students. No reservations about sending a wife/gf/sister/mother to her for training.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Obviously not accusing Valkyrie of this since I don't know them as a company. I don't need my wife absorbing incorrect info as we've seen presented by many trainers just for me to need to deprogram later. I'm not talking technique I'm talking legalese and what the law actually says. We've all read on here the crap that places like Worth-a-Shit spread around.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Obviously not accusing Valkyrie of this since I don't know them as a company. I don't need my wife absorbing incorrect info as we've seen presented by many trainers just for me to need to deprogram later. I'm not talking technique I'm talking legalese and what the law actually says. We've all read on here the crap that places like Worth-a-Shit spread around.
    Couldn't comment as I've not seen jens ccw classes but I would very much doubt that she would be teaching WAS level baloney. I'd suggest contacting her directly about her curriculum. After observing her with students, I'd send someone to her. Just my .02

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Note: I took a class with Vanguard, so unless Mike is a part of Valkyrie my comment is now void.
    I took my class with Mike also, Jen was there the next day for the shooting portion of the class.
    She seemed to me (I had very little direct interaction) to be very professional.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Caveat: Jen did insist that handguns need to be locked during transport (presumably by those without a W&C permit). She demonstrated how to run a cable lock through the mag well and out the ejection port for transport.

I admit I said nothing.

Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    You guys run anything geared towards women? I think I saw Vanguard was doing that. Wife wants to take it but is a bit intimidated
    Hey Bertfish,
    We do have womens classes from time to time, but mostly these days have general group classes. If your wife is interested, we can do private group classes or she can join one of our general classes and we'll be sure to help make sure she gets all the help she needs. She can call me at 410-497-2053 (Jen)

Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    Caveat: Jen did insist that handguns need to be locked during transport (presumably by those without a W&C permit). She demonstrated how to run a cable lock through the mag well and out the ejection port for transport.

I admit I said nothing.
    The guidelines we go over in the beginning of class are for persons without their Wear and Carry, and we cover federal as well as state requirements (which don't require locks). We feel its important to know the difference If we missed you in clarifying this, apologies.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I took Jen's class and didn't hear anything incorrect (except I read here that the 72 hour fingerprinting timing didn't apply to WC, so I didn't have my retaken or resubmitted.) She is a great instructor. I would recommend the class for great content and a very affordable price.

Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    Couldn't comment as I've not seen jens ccw classes but I would very much doubt that she would be teaching WAS level baloney. I'd suggest contacting her directly about her curriculum. After observing her with students, I'd send someone to her. Just my .02
    Thanks for the support! We're happy to talk curriculum with anybody who has a question. Feel free to give me a call 410-497-2053.

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011
    I took the two day class this weekend. It was far less painful than I anticipated. Jen keeps the class light and interesting. I highly recommend her for the Wear & Carry class. Fair prices. Includes the photo. If she offers advanced pistol courses in the future I would sign up. Tomas it was good to finally meet you. Jen it was good talking to you about Thailand and a host of other topics.

Industry Partner
    Feb 10, 2021
    Parkville, MD
    I took the two day class this weekend. It was far less painful than I anticipated. Jen keeps the class light and interesting. I highly recommend her for the Wear & Carry class. Fair prices. Includes the photo. If she offers advanced pistol courses in the future I would sign up. Tomas it was good to finally meet you. Jen it was good talking to you about Thailand and a host of other topics.
    It was great meeting you John!! and thanks for attending the class. Please keep in touch and we'll let you know about any upcoming courses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom