• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blaster228

Aug 5, 2022
    Gambrills
    Hi everyone - thanks for the add. Im a former Marine, gov contractor, and govvie.

Left last year to continue my own business doing graphic design and soon firearm training since those two mesh perfectly

I prefer rifles but shoot pistol as well. Picking up a Sig P320 xCarry Legion tomorrow actually. I build all my weapons (except the Sig) which is both fulfilling and aggravating!

I need a range if you know of one for rifle, and preferably movement drills. Have a full kit so wouldn’t need to borrow anything. You can hold my child as collateral so I don’t break anything

Pet peeve: When people post on forums and then get eaten alive by all the gun “experts” and never get their question answered.

Here’s a pic of my newest “M4” build for your time
    BA96BE21-E7BD-457B-A5B2-10F2A48D2417.jpeg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome, and thank you for your service. I can’t help as I live in VA and shoot in WVA. I’m sure someone will come along and help.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Sadly there aren't a lot of places to run and gun with kit here in MD, short of buying your own land.

AGC has the Runindark program which allows you to run kit in low light. But that's about the closest you'll get.

Everything else is bench/stationary shooting.

blaster228

Aug 5, 2022
    Gambrills
    Sadly there aren't a lot of places to run and gun with kit here in MD, short of buying your own land.

AGC has the Runindark program which allows you to run kit in low light. But that's about the closest you'll get.

Everything else is bench/stationary shooting.
    Well, that stinks. But thanks for the info! I’ll check them out

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Welcome aboard! Semper Fi! Checkout Delmarva Sporting Clays in Mardela Springs. They might allow some shooting with movement. I saw some guys doing it and the managemnt acknowledged it. They did not elaborate too much. So you just need to ask them or let them know what you want to do and see if they give you a green light.

blaster228

Aug 5, 2022
    Gambrills
    Welcome aboard! Semper Fi! Checkout Delmarva Sporting Clays in Mardela Springs. They might allow some shooting with movement. I saw some guys doing it and the managemnt acknowledged it. They did not elaborate too much. So you just need to ask them or let them know what you want to do and see if they give you a green light.
    Yut! Awesome - thanks for the lead!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Welcome, OP.

Quick question. What’s a LARPer?
    Live Action Role Play.

Usually applied to nerds who gather in parks and pretend to swordfight, cast spells, and kill dragons.

I guess a combat LARPer would be a supporter of the 'Train like you fight' mentality... moving, shooting, etc. Playing out a hypothetical situation in order to be prepared for the real thing.

ETA: I see OP already handled this question. I really need to refresh stale tabs before replying. :)

blaster228

Aug 5, 2022
    Gambrills
    Welcome, OP.

Live Action Role Play.

Usually applied to nerds who gather in parks and pretend to swordfight, cast spells, and kill dragons.

I guess a combat LARPer would be a supporter of the 'Train like you fight' mentality... moving, shooting, etc. Playing out a hypothetical situation in order to be prepared for the real thing.

ETA: I see OP already handled this question. I really need to refresh stale tabs before replying. :)
    You said it better than me!

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Welcome, OP.

Live Action Role Play.

Thank god you added to that. I was imagining Broken running around wearing plastic “armor” swinging a plastic sword around. Lol

Sorry broken, sometimes my age and imagination just goes off on a trip.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Pet peeve: When people post on forums and then get eaten alive by all the gun “experts” and never get their question answered.

How uncivilized. We here at MDS prefer to throughly ROAST our victims before eating them “alive”, while we discuss the merrits of your questions, which eventually will get answered. And answered. And answered some more.

DBE6690D-5BEF-4829-8DB4-E6AEC3C826DE.jpeg

And BTW, welcome from Ellicott City

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom