• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Why only a limited run is my question. The tooling cost likely can't even be recouped in a run that small. That said, I would buy one in .380.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Why only a limited run is my question. The tooling cost likely can't even be recouped in a run that small. That said, I would buy one in .380.

Might be double speak for "we're testing the market to see if it works".

With Colt's current financial situation (unless something has changed recently) I'm surprised they are taking a risk like this.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD

With Colt's current financial situation (unless something has changed recently) I'm surprised they are taking a risk like this.

I'm actually surprised they are not producing a lot more of their vintage classics such as the Python, it could save them.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I guess I better start putting some cash back, I see a scavenger hunt for one in the future for me. Keep us posted if you hear when they plan on hitting the market.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd love to see a re-run of the 1908 (.25acp) as well, if nothing else, just so there's more parts on the market.

Been trying to find a barrel for years...

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm actually surprised they are not producing a lot more of their vintage classics such as the Python, it could save them.

I fully agree. There is a HUGE untapped market out there for Quality reproductions of older firearms. But they have to be just as well made and essentially identical for them to sell.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The worst possible thing they can do is compromise on quality.
    If they keep the quality high I believe they could bring back, and sell the hell out of, a lot of discontinued guns.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac

It's about 15 years late but it looks like they are trying a few things in the last month or so. 1903s and the OEM line of the 6920s, i like it but what took so long?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I'd buy one. Seems like they are scrambling to come up with new ideas for sales. Might work. Love the idea of the OEM 1 and 2 AR's.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    The worst possible thing they can do is compromise on quality.
    If they keep the quality high I believe they could bring back, and sell the hell out of, a lot of discontinued guns.

No doubt correct IMO. But I wonder if they can, and perhaps more importantly, if they could convince their target audience that they can. There's more in play than simply tooling. You need a shovel to find yesterday's craftsmen. Akin in my mind to a question of how do you remake The Wizard of Oz, and have it perceived as being just as good as the original? One tough sell at any price.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It's about 15 years late but it looks like they are trying a few things in the last month or so. 1903s and the OEM line of the 6920s, i like it but what took so long?

The men who put the original guns together were craftsman. That may be why the run will be limited, but that's just a guess on my part.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No doubt correct IMO. But I wonder if they can, and perhaps more importantly, if they could convince their target audience that they can. There's more in play than simply tooling. You need a shovel to find yesterday's craftsmen. Akin in my mind to a question of how do you remake The Wizard of Oz, and have it perceived as being just as good as the original? One tough sell at any price.

Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth. Colt let go many of their craftsman in the 80s and the quality shows. Especially on any non military firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom