• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    Does anyone know the current wholesale cost of a Colt Python?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Attachments

• 1F3E94D8-1A9F-479F-8BD2-A7C23F89C6F9.jpeg
      1F3E94D8-1A9F-479F-8BD2-A7C23F89C6F9.jpeg
      48.6 KB · Views: 68

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure how much people think they can negotiate. If you see what you want, ask for 20 bucks off and buy it. Save yourself the embarrassment of trying to haggle with a shop who won't. There aren't hundreds of dollars of profit in firearms.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Don'tcha just love how we have a whole page of people chiming in with no one actually answering the question. Rhetorical question Farley!

I saw a bunch on tables at the gun show in Chantilly last weekend, and the prices were generally either $1399 or $1499 - mostly $1499 - depending on the table. If you can find one at $1400, you probably aren't going to do much better than that.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Don'tcha just love how we have a whole page of people chiming in with no one actually answering the question. Rhetorical question Farley!

I saw a bunch on tables at the gun show in Chantilly last weekend, and the prices were generally either $1399 or $1499 - mostly $1499 - depending on the table. If you can find one at $1400, you probably aren't going to do much better than that.
    Technically this doesn't answer the question either. The wholesale cost of a Colt Python. (But it does come closer)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Technically this doesn't answer the question either. The wholesale cost of a Colt Python. (But it does come closer)
    I answered based on how the question was asked - is anyone buying guns at wholesale cost?

By definition, "wholesale cost" is what a supplier - or in our case, a gun dealer - is going to pay at dealer cost buying in quantity.

There are some places that supposedly sell to the consumer at wholesale cost, but that doesn't seem to happen much in the world of firearms - there's retail price, which is typically somewhat inflated, and there's street price. Many people actually mean street price when they say "wholesale."

I answered the question of what the typical street price is because I don't think that the OP actually meant "wholesale" - they mostly likely meant street price, and not retail. If I'm in error, I apologize.

Regarding the Colt Python, it wasn't that long ago that the street price was actually a good bit higher than retail. It's one of the guns on my list of future acquisitions, so I've been looking at it a fair bit. For a while they were hard to find, and seeing them as high as $2,400 wasn't unusual, and the lowest they were selling for was somewhere around the $1800-$2000 mark.

Unfortunately the current street price pretty much is the same as the current retail price.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Not sure how much people think they can negotiate. If you see what you want, ask for 20 bucks off and buy it. Save yourself the embarrassment of trying to haggle with a shop who won't. There aren't hundreds of dollars of profit in firearms.
    This. Sometimes I seek the equivelant of about 10% off but that depends on the firearm; mainly consignment. I reckon it never hurts to ask. New Python at 1400 I'd take it and call it a day. IIRC I paid retail 1200 or so for a new Colt SAA 45 LC and was happy when I got it.

Free t shirt! ;)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Here's my take

MSRP is what the manufacturer lists it for suggested. Most no one sells at this price or pays it.

Wholesale is what the dealer buys it for from his distributor.

Dealer price is his percentage amount over cost. Profit. What we buy it for.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Does anyone know the current wholesale cost of a Colt Python?

Wholesale? No. But, were I truly serious about buying one, this’d give cause for pause:

Or, some of these are likely as close to wholesale a non-Wholesaler is a-gonna git:

Attachments

• 3822F51A-8444-425C-9BB3-0B7CA8EF84AF.jpeg
      3822F51A-8444-425C-9BB3-0B7CA8EF84AF.jpeg
      72.7 KB · Views: 48

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Wholesale? No. But, were I truly serious about buying one, this’d give cause for pause:
    I was in the midst of saving up for the 4.25" Python when I got distracted and did a precision rifle build instead. I love my rifle, but oof - that sure does look tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom