• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don't know if we have any Colbert fans here but this interview had me loling. He goes into the gun registration about half way though. Interview starts at the 2:15 mark.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...w-a-district---maryland-s-4th---donna-edwards

Colbert's brilliant. I disagree with his politics as often as I agree, but he knows no limits when he goes after people. "We need to get the guns . . . we need to get the guns." Boy, Rep. Edwards didn't want to hear that, or a lot of the rest of what he had to say, I'll bet. I wonder why people will go on camera with him, when he's obviously the smartest person in the room.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Don't know if we have any Colbert fans here but this interview had me loling. He goes into the gun registration about half way though. Interview starts at the 2:15 mark.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...w-a-district---maryland-s-4th---donna-edwards

Awesome - thanks for posting the interview!

Did I hear right that she wants a gun registry that tells the government who has what and where - but she won't take your guns (they just need to be "off the street")? While I'm sure she was trying to make a point about illegal guns and crime, she made no intelligent link between a gun registry of law-abiding citizens and crime.

This year's Halloween costume: Meth-crazed maniac wearing nothing but a clown mask.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Awesome - thanks for posting the interview!

Did I hear right that she wants a gun registry that tells the government who has what and where - but she won't take your guns (they just need to be "off the street")? While I'm sure she was trying to make a point about illegal guns and crime, she made no intelligent link between a gun registry of law-abiding citizens and crime.

This year's Halloween costume: Meth-crazed maniac wearing nothing but a clown mask.

This year's Halloween costume: Meth-crazed maniac wearing nothing but a clown mask and a jockstrap

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    "I want to know who has guns and what they are..."

I know this is just a comedy bit for Colbert, but she is speaking her truth when he starts the talk of a gun registry and the quote above comes out of her mouth.

He delivers a funny line when she says, "I'm not going to take your guns", and over her voice he says "...you're probably not going to take my guns because I have guns..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom