• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    All,

I am looking for recommendations for a club that CMP recognizes that I can join online and have a quick turnaround membership card.

The last club I joined, I ended up waiting ~3 months before they mailed me a membership card.

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    Garand Collector's Association is the club I joined. Did it online and they even sent me a video about the history of the garand.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Hey! I didn't get a video.

I didn't even get a free barreled receiver.

OP- be sure to check the option to release your membership information to the CMP. Instead of sending or faxing a membership card, just write, "GCA- check status" on the "club membership" line of your order form.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Thanks. I plan on picking up a field grade garand and having my local smith rebarrel it in 308

I plan to take a trip to the north store soon and could be an agent if you would like someone to hand select one. I would see what you can find first many fg have servicable barrels on them. Its not uncommon for fg to have numbers in the 2-3 on muzzle wear.

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I appreciate the offer, but I already have 2 good garands in 30-06, just kinda have my heart set on a 308 one.

I think of it as a poor man's m1a.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Garand collectors association is what I joined. May also join the one in rockville but I like getting the magazine and I enjoyed the dvd as well from gca.

Threeband is correct I have a friend who is a member of monumental and that's counts as well.

jake12

May 18, 2010
    I joined the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, figured since I've attended a few Appleseeds, I might as well join up.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If you make the trip up GCA without a doubt. I believe even if you charge CGA you can attach the receipt and it works. I had that happen that I didnt get my membership card back but I showed them a copy of the charge and they accepted that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom