• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Looks like if you are a military retiree you flat out qualify and do not need to be part of a cmp club. So the blue card should work

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Got Mine!

Nice early Inland built in mid-1943.
    No FAT stamp and original barrel.

I still think $495 was high, but as fast as they sold out proves me wrong. I hope to shoot and take care of this old war fighter until I pass it along to someone who will respect it for what it is.

Thank you CMP.

-Boxcab

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Has anyone seen the carbines in the flesh? I know the garands they have currently are suppose to be really bad off. Also where did these carbines come from American Supplies, or from somewhere abroad. Also If i join can I choose to get a free Carbine :evilgrin3 The garand I just picked up was a CMP rifle from the 80's (Korean War ear garand) but was never fired when it was sent to the recipant.

TRapture

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Your out of luck...

Go to the CMP webpage,

http://www.odcmp.com

They are out of Inland carbines, other makes will go up for sale late in the year or next year. They are out of M1 Garands until at least October. The sales page gives all the info. Read up on the CMP and the earlier DCM, a Government Office that sold Military Surplus guns to the public!

The current carbines are Lend/Lease returns from Italy. They are GI issue and then loaned to Italy during the cold war. Many appear to have never been used by the Italians.

The Garands come from various sources. Most are returns from Lend/Lease deals. All are original GI issue.

The CMP also sells Surplus 1903 rifles and .22 caliber training rifles, tools and the like.

Print out the forms, fill them out, get the required documentation and send it in to the CMP so you are "ready" next time a sale of "must have" rifles goes on. It is the best deal out there. They also tend to have very limited availability when they do get something.

Have fun,

-Boxcab

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Go to the CMP webpage,

http://www.odcmp.com

They are out of Inland carbines, other makes will go up for sale late in the year or next year. They are out of M1 Garands until at least October. The sales page gives all the info. Read up on the CMP and the earlier DCM, a Government Office that sold Military Surplus guns to the public!

The current carbines are Lend/Lease returns from Italy. They are GI issue and then loaned to Italy during the cold war. Many appear to have never been used by the Italians.

The Garands come from various sources. Most are returns from Lend/Lease deals. All are original GI issue.

The CMP also sells Surplus 1903 rifles and .22 caliber training rifles, tools and the like.

Print out the forms, fill them out, get the required documentation and send it in to the CMP so you are "ready" next time a sale of "must have" rifles goes on. It is the best deal out there. They also tend to have very limited availability when they do get something.

Have fun,

-Boxcab

I know they've been out of Garands for a while as far as Internet Sales but I wonder if there is any available for walk-in customers at the CMP Stores? I was planning a trip to the North Store late this month but if they have nothing to sell........well that would be a waste of time and $s for sure!

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    I would love to get a carbine. Its one of the few WWII rifles I don't have (well most popular well known ones) I just need a M1 carbine, a arisaka (good luck on finding a decent one quality wise) then I will have all the service rifles from USA, Germany, Great Britain, Russia, and japan. I have even starting collecting the WWII sidearms with great love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom