• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Welp,, graduating from 1980s walmart cleaning kits to Bore-Tech proof cleaning rods.

Looking for basic rod guides for the bores, both breech and muzzle end. I see a lot of high dollar wiz bang ones that do everything under the sun.
    I am looking for something basic so the rood does but contact the muzzle or chamber.

Some rifle like the ruger minis that are cleaned from the muzzle would have to be specific to that gun,, regular mini,, or tactical with muzzle device,, etc
    most guns would take a generic bore guide/bushing,, a few (like the minis) would be very specific.
    Are 3D printed guides a thing?

I'm tellin ya,, Being a FUDD with the Walmart cleaning kit was much simpler!!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    To can make your own breach guides by reforming a piece of brass that fits a given caliber, then drilling out the primer pocket I little larger than the cleaning rod.
    Of course, you probably know to clean from the muzzle if that is the only way. Ideally, you want to clean from the breach, whenever possible.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    To can make your own breach guides by reforming a piece of brass that fits a given caliber, then drilling out the primer pocket I little larger than the cleaning rod.
    Of course, you probably know to clean from the muzzle if that is the only way. Ideally, you want to clean from the breach, whenever possible.
    The ruger 10/22, Mini-14/30 and Henry levers are a few that I can not access the breach to clean.
    Can you elaborate on "reforming the brass"

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The ruger 10/22, Mini-14/30 and Henry levers are a few that I can not access the breach to clean.
    Can you elaborate on "reforming the brass"
    I used the wrong word. "Resize" was what I should have said. It's not absolutely necessary, but it would make the homemade bore guide easier to remove.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The last carbon cleaning rod I bought came with a plastic muzzle guide on it.
    I'll have to check whose it was after work.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I mean, they make chamber guides, but with a little ingenuity, one can make their own if one is a little handy.
    red green.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I 3d printed ones for my muzzle loaders a few years ago. If you have a 3D printer, using Fusion 360 is pretty easy. sizing up 2 cylinders and a hole in the middle is pretty easy if you want one specific to a bore.
    I thought someone did a tutorial or something around here.
    My larger range rod for the muzzle loader I have now came with a brass one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom