• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Professional lab trick, use a water bath and a glass beaker or deep glass dish that fits in the basket to contain flammables for an ultrasonic. I've done it for years, professionally, with ethanol, 2-propanol, pentane and hexane.

Yep, works just fine with double containment. :thumbsup:

Navyblue

May 30, 2013
    Calvert
    Ballistol is all I use. I use it on the wood stocks, grips etc. I got two bottles mixed at 50/50 water and 10/90 ballistol/water. Safe to use on everything, even cookware.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I've read just about all of the threads on using Ultrasonic cleaners for gun parts, but it didn't seem like there was a consensus on what cleaning solution is best. Ideas based on your results would be greatly appreciated. So far only heard some comments on Ballistol, Ed's Red and Simple Green...

If I bought one, I'd want to use the Ultrasoic Cleaner for small arms cleaning and the baffles in supressors, but still need a handle on best solution type to use.

Gilligan

Jan 24, 2016
    I have an older milsurp ultrasonic cleaner (it was for cleaning diesel injectors) that's pretty powerful and I used Simple Green in it. Very effective.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I have an older milsurp ultrasonic cleaner (it was for cleaning diesel injectors) that's pretty powerful and I used Simple Green in it. Very effective.

Some say they blow off the parts with air, but I'd have to find another way. Don't have any source like this.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    When I am cleaning my pistols and my wife asks me what that smell is...I tell her "it's the smell of freedom"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom