• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does anyone know if passed will the new LGQL prohibit out of state firearms hunters from entering Md for hunting? It looks to me like in order to bring a long gun into the state it will need to be registered with MSP. I have a couple of guys in my club that are not Md residents. I know it's not passed yet but it's going to be.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I think there is something in the bills about "establishing residency or intent to become a resident" and reporting the firearms to the state in 60 or 90 days. Don't believe the revenue hungry dems in the state would cut off a source of the flow, but it may have that result.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think there is something in the bills about "establishing residency or intent to become a resident" and reporting the firearms to the state in 60 or 90 days. Don't believe the revenue hungry dems in the state would cut off a source of the flow, but it may have that result.

I think it is 30 days, but otherwise I think you are correct.

It does prohibit rentals without a license. No more taking a friend trap shooting and renting a shotgun.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I think it is 30 days, but otherwise I think you are correct.

It does prohibit rentals without a license. No more taking a friend trap shooting and renting a shotgun.

I "think" it says on pages 4&5 you can loan a shotgun/rifle to someone at a range if you are there with them. Still a vague piece of crap...:sad20:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I "think" it says on pages 4&5 you can loan a shotgun/rifle to someone at a range if you are there with them. Still a vague piece of crap...:sad20:

That’s correct, but it says for a rental you need an LGQL.

My collection is light on shotguns. I’ve got an 870 12ga and an old .410 pump. I’ve done some sharing for clays, but hard to loan doing trap.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If this one goes through (spits in the dust), I will personally be arming several of my well-meaning but non-2A advocate friends and family in advance of implementation. Basically... If I know you, I like you, you don't harbor anti-gun or anti-freedom tendencies, and you don't currently own a gun... I'll be dipping into my personal collection to make sure that there are at least a couple of dozen more lawful gun owners in the state who aren't on a list and can't be red-flagged/confiscated. To whatever extent I can, I plan on making this law have the opposite intended effect. If you've got a close family member or friend (non-prohibited of course) and you've ever considered gifting a long-gun, I would advise you to do it while you still have that option.

Viva la resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom