• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    Just wanted to make this post in case anyone wasn't aware, Cindy's Hot Shots in Severn is now open. I'm sure most people know it replaced On Target and in the same location, but just in case here is a google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/f9mcVjoYFqRTC85r9

It's only pistol caliber and .22 at the moment but will open up to rifle after a period of time as the neighbors get used to the range being open. The retail side is well stocked, and the rentals on the range side are also well stocked and growing. Prices are the same as GB, and memberships work at both locations. Word hasn't really gotten out yet, so there hasn't been wait times for a lane, maybe 5-10 minute wait at it's busiest so far based on this past weekend.

Since the new store opened, each location will be closed one day a week; GB will be closed on Monday and Severn on Tuesday.

I part time there on the range side, work full time on Ft. Meade. If I had a place to store my stuff the location would be perfect, could pop in after work and shoot all the time. Too bad gun daycare isn't a thing :lol:

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is old guy Ed still there or did he retire w/ the sale of On Target to Cindy's?

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I went by the Severn location today. No wait time. I'm very thankful to have that location open up. Very similar setup to the GB location. Electronics on the lanes have been updated.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I've been a couple times since they re-opened. Nice, and hopefully will take some pressure off of GB. I asked about rifles and they said as long as I was shooting suppressed, and asked, they'd probably let me. Evidently it isn't a matter of what the range/backstop is rated for, its a matter of noise to the neighbors, particularly an adjacent veterinary hospital. I can see that disturbing healing animals, and they were there first I guess.

Nice selection of guns, equipment, accessories, etc. Range facilities are the same as GB, aka 10x better than what On Target was.

My go to shop is 2A in Jessup, but for shooting, Cindy's is hard to beat if you're in AACo.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Are they still doing 22 and suppressed rifles only?
    I think they eased up on that a little bit, but only time I've shot rifles there have been suppressed. I'd give them a call. I believe it was not backstop related but the concussion being an issue for the animal hospital next door.

dehos

Mar 23, 2024
    Glen Burnie
    I went to Cindy's in Glen Burnie and they didn't have a problem with non 22 rifles. So worst case scenario that is just a stones throw away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom