• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    Pardon me but can you help a fellow American who is down on his luck? (I think from the movie Sierra Madre) Not so much down on my luck but need help.

Could any one in the Frederick/Gettysburg area build me a chicken tractor? I'll pay for the materials of course and will throw in buck for time because labor and time has value.

send a PM if you're willing. Many thanks

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Coop.jpg

Mine, under construction. 2x6 treated frame with 4'x16' cattle panel. Needs 1/2" hardware cloth over entire frame. Not hard at all to build, just basic tools. Lots of Youtube videos on how to build them.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    View attachment 365950
    Mine, under construction. 2x6 treated frame with 4'x16' cattle panel. Needs 1/2" hardware cloth over entire frame. Not hard at all to build, just basic tools. Lots of Youtube videos on how to build them.

I thought a chicken tractor was mobile to provide fresh ground to scratch at? How do you move that structure?
    Nice work, BTW.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I thought a chicken tractor was mobile to provide fresh ground to scratch at? How do you move that structure?
    Nice work, BTW.
    Looks like both structures are probably light enough to drag around (at least if you are of good size and strength). I'd guess that coop looks like its probably 100-130lbs and the covered run/tractor is probably only like 30lbs.

BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    I am out in Frederick county. Unfortunately in the thick of a full kitchen remodel, but if you get in a pinch let me know. There are some plans/ideas on a PVC based unit online if you wanted another option. How big of a unit? Is the land you are tractoring REALLY flat or some bumps and grades? I found that it matters for construction type. Don H's design would work good for the turks as they are fairly large. They do like to roost so you could add a roosting bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom