• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No where near the same league as Tika, Bergara, CZ, or Anschutz, but these look like they would be fun suppressor guns:

Cool looking Rossi under a different brand name. Probably light as a feather. Just run with the factory irons and shoot Bud beer cans.

Savage. Already has a rail. Existing Mk II mags would work. [EDIT - the text below says ROUND round magazine; I think that's a scripting error with the web site and it's supposed to be 5 round magazine]

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Those Savages are good shooters. Polish the grit off the bolt. They make longer mags for them too.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    The Savage was my first suppressor host back in the day. Surprisingly accurate with various non match ammo. Even more so after I bedded it in new stock.
    b379613771ee3fbe89ae339c2d6575dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    @F-Stop that does look nice in wood. I have bought a rifle with a less expensive stock because "it's a good value". But after a while I then get a Boyds stock and buy a bedding kit for it. So much for the thrifty price.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you shop around you can get that Savage for a much better price than Grab A Gun.

[EDIT] But pay attention to the shipping price and also Grab A Gun might have a "grab a quote" that brings the price more in line. And finally, some places charge the MD sales tax and others don't.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Those Savages are good shooters. Polish the grit off the bolt. They make longer mags for them too.
    Yep. My FV-SR is a lot of fun to shoot. I have a Hawke scope on it which is calibrated to .22 subs. A little more than most folks spend on a .22 scope, but you can’t beat the functionality.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Bought my first Hawke last year from my 457 mtr. Got a incredible deal on a Frontier 34 and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Yep. My FV-SR is a lot of fun to shoot. I have a Hawke scope on it which is calibrated to .22 subs. A little more than most folks spend on a .22 scope, but you can’t beat the functionality.

Hmm, not sure how I missed this scope.
    I have been looking for one and I shoot 970 FPS CCI "suppressor" rounds in my Marlin 39D

Where are they made?
    How are they at dusk and dawn?

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hmm, not sure how I missed this scope.
    I have been looking for one and I shoot 970 FPS CCI "suppressor" rounds in my Marlin 39D

Where are they made?
    How are they at dusk and dawn?
    Pretty sure they are made in China.
    Pretty good at dusk. I’ve killed several groundhogs with it in very low light.
    Norma TAC-22 is rated at 1066FPS.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I don't have a can (yet), but I'd wager just about anything threaded is fun with a can. I have an OLD Remington 121 pump that's already threaded. I'd imagine that thing will be QUIET with a can.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't have a can (yet), but I'd wager just about anything threaded is fun with a can. I have an OLD Remington 121 pump that's already threaded. I'd imagine that thing will be QUIET with a can.
    With subs, better than Hollywood quiet. You’ll hear the click of the hammer and the “twack” of the bullet down range. That’s it. When I first showed it to my dad and shot it standing right next to him, he said “it misfired”.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    @teratos inspired me to build a 45ACP radial delayed blowback SBR, and when I shot that at the range with a can the guy next to me said "that sounds like an air rifle". Of course that has a port bark being a semi-auto. The bolt action 22LR's, well you just have to (not) hear it to believe it.

Not all of the suppressed rifles are that quiet, but at a minimum they are much more pleasant to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom