• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martman

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2017
    I'm finally going to suck it up and buy a safe. Ive been avoiding for awhile now since I'd rather have more toys, but just organization alone would be nice. So, who ships or delivers safes at a decent price? I need something better than dropping off at the curb, but I just plan on sitting against a wall in my garage. Straight shot back.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I'm finally going to suck it up and buy a safe. Ive been avoiding for awhile now since I'd rather have more toys, but just organization alone would be nice. So, who ships or delivers safes at a decent price? I need something better than dropping off at the curb, but I just plan on sitting against a wall in my garage. Straight shot back.
    Where are you? I just talked with Thompson Safes in Frederick about moving mine from Frederick to Gettysburg (it’s in my basement now) and he told me around $500. It’s not that big but around 800+ lbs and was a professional job to deliver it down the stairs and into position.

I would think delivery would be minimal from the place selling you the safe, if they do it, but I don’t know that for sure.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I think that is the same price that Mike quoted me for delivery into my house when I bought a safe from him.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Get a Sturdy and the will ship LTL with Drop Gate service right to the end of your driveway. Some drivers may use their pallet jack and move it up to your garage if the distantance is short and level for a good tip.

Then you rent one of these to move the safe into the garage
    IMG_0815.jpeg

Then get those couple of friends to help you set it in place the 1st time to mark your drill holes for the lag bolts and check your level.

The you move the safe, layout your bracing then drill your holes for your bolts. Then reset the safe, check your level and shim where needed then bolt her down and run your wiring for your Golden Rod dehumidifier.

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy

PlumberEd

MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2020
    Taneytown
    My wife and I moved our 500 pound Liberty Safe ourselves. We pulled it up the outside basement area way steps on a appliance mover with a tractor then loaded it on a trailer to transport it to our new home. Then with reversed the procedure at the new house, once we got it to the bottom of the steps we placed the safe of short pieces 3” PVC pipe and rolled it across the floor to its new location. When we upgraded to a 1800 pound Champion safe it was too much for us so we hired a moving company. IIRC it cost us $1000. For your move I think a truck with a lift gate will get it close then (depending on the weight) you can use an appliance mover/cart to get it in the garage.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    What size safe are you getting and what obstacles will be an issue? I bought a Browning ProSteel AR34 many years ago and had to hire someone to move it and the price of the move was related to the amount of complexity they had to deal with. Mine was super easy, tho. I'm about to move so I'm looking to either hire a safe mover or sell this safe and get a few smaller ones since there will be a few relocations in my future (my gal is in the military).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom