• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with the cheap knock off airsoft EoTech sight clones sold on Ebay? Not looking for one for a REAL rifle. My go to rifle is a Colt 6721, with a real EoTech 512, but I have an AIRSOFT M4, basically looks and feels almost the same as the Colt, and I was considering putting a airsoft version 512 knock off on it, for use in the home. Are they pretty similar, reticle wise, and do they work ok as long as they don't get real recoil? I am not spending +$300 for an airsoft gun sight. Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have one on my CMMG .22lr upper. I'm kinda with you in that, I prefer the real thing on a recoiling rifle. I use the real ones on those.

22sbr.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you shot it a lot with it on there? How has it held up?
    I shot it a lot when I first got the upper. It is a fun gun to shoot. I've probably got 500 rounds through it and still holding zero

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I actually like sightmark for "range guns" and they have a decent warranty as well.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Knock-off sights are meant for airsoft. In actual games, they get shot out all the time unless you put a protective cover on them. You obviously would rather bang up a knock-off sight for airsoft purposes than a real one.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Knock-off sights are meant for airsoft. In actual games, they get shot out all the time unless you put a protective cover on them. You obviously would rather bang up a knock-off sight for airsoft purposes than a real one.
    a real EOtech should be able to handle the abuse of airsoft or paintball

Sirex