• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    For those who didn't know, Charlie retired from servicing M1 Garands due to advancing arthritis. I received this email from him recently and just thought I'd share.
    Take note of his recommended successor for future Garand service. I have already worked with Rich and he's great.

For all M1 Garand friends and former customers…..
    I have retired from active Gunsmithing.

Maryland gunsmith, Richard Hall, my protegee, and heir to my gunsmithing empire will
    be accepting future firearms work in my name.

Rich is quite the best M1 Garand smith I know. A former Marine, he is also a master at
    M1 Carbines, M14/M1a, all configurations of the AR, and National Match modifications.

You may reach him at: Rich Hall (chiefwaub1@gmail.com) or 410-336-0043
    Tell him I sent you – I get a mug.

Those wishing, may continue to visit my old site at www.charliemaloney.com/m1g
    or contact me at charliesarts@comcast.net

Thank you,

Charlie

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Charlie is an artist. Watching him work on my M1 was a joy and a privilege. Sad to see him retire, but to everything there is a season.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Glad to see he has passed his business down. My M1 is in really good condition and a great shooter, or else it would have met Charlie. Hope that he has a long and enjoyable retirement!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I was lucky enough to have Charlie build me a National Match rifle earlier this year. He said it would probably be his last as it really was tough on him.

I regret not having asked him to build one in .308 for me too so I would have a matching set built by him.

I'm glad he passed his knowledge and business on.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Haven't had the pleasure to have met, or had anything worked on, by him. But it's encouraging that he's named/recommended a successor, and wish both the best.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Charlie is quite a character. Him stepping away is a loss to the community.

Sirex