• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Before Canada went insane woke , there was good hunting and fishing . And my bucket list item of driving the Alcan obviously involves
    Northwestern Canada .
    We moved to Maryland from Eielson AFB when the wife got orders to Ft. Meade. 1987 if I remember correctly, we drove, 2 kids (7 & 9) , wife and I and a guinea pig named Maria. Great drive.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm new to carrying, so don't consider this a "suggestion", it's more my experience so far.

I wanted that undershirt next to my skin, brain stormed and found this from Hanes. I buy Large and that's what I did with these.

Hanes Men's Tank Top Undershirt Pack In White, Ribbed Moisture-Wicking Cotton, 10-Pack​

How, I wondered is cotton able to wick moister, but these things are tight and like too many socks in your boots, that squeezes out the any heat, that's what these appear to do. They are strangely tight and take some getting used to, but not uncomfortable. I don't notice being hotter with just a t-shirt. I'm using OWB holsters, with 2 IWB holsters for XDs sitting and wasting away.

ETA: Saw a post earlier up thread that said get long undershirts and these are very long. Put they down in my drawers, then pants overtop and they don't rise up, partly because they compress tightly.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm new to carrying, so don't consider this a "suggestion", it's more my experience so far.

I wanted that undershirt next to my skin, brain stormed and found this from Hanes. I buy Large and that's what I did with these.

Hanes Men's Tank Top Undershirt Pack In White, Ribbed Moisture-Wicking Cotton, 10-Pack​

How, I wondered is cotton able to wick moister, but these things are tight and like too many socks in your boots, that squeezes out the any heat, that's what these appear to do. They are strangely tight and take some getting used to, but not uncomfortable. I don't notice being hotter with just a t-shirt. I'm using OWB holsters, with 2 IWB holsters for XDs sitting and wasting away.
    Wifebeaters.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I actually go over using the restroom while carrying during my permit courses. I had to figure it out myself and don't want my students doing anything stupid.

TD

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    When wearing a sport coat, a shoulder holster is the most comfortable for me, added benefit it doesn't pull my pants to my ankles when loosening the belt. And I agree with a leather OWB under anything else, on a rachet belt. Only pocket carry is a Seecamp when I want to carry something, but can't print at all and it's summer.
    I love me some shoulder holsters. Pretty comfortable from small to big. Of course that really only works with a jacket or sports coat of some sort if you want it concealed.

My only real knock is they lose comfort points for me if you wanted to do something like walk/hike a long distance. Then a chest rig or properly supported OWB is going to be your best bet.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I got a fly, man!
    I used to feel that way myself, but people complained about aircraft stuff contaminating their oil change threads.

Anyway, my eyes are shot.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I love me some shoulder holsters. Pretty comfortable from small to big. Of course that really only works with a jacket or sports coat of some sort if you want it concealed.

My only real knock is they lose comfort points for me if you wanted to do something like walk/hike a long distance. Then a chest rig or properly supported OWB is going to be your best bet.
    Outstanding. I use a Galco chest holster for my Ruger Alaskan when fly fishing in remote parts of Montana. Wife's family is from NW MT and they introduced me to some amazing rivers and lakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom