• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Last Call for the Crab Claw. (Cash Only)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That was a staple for a lot of people who visited St Mike's. I wasn't personally a fan but at least the employees have some time to find new jobs.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I went for the fried oyster sammich and Bloody Marys.
    I haven't been in about 10 years. Last time we were there it was ok but nothing that I haven't had better elsewhere. The view was nice and it was convenient to where we were staying.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Used to anchor in the harbor with my parents and take their water taxi in for dinner. This was back in the 70's. Good memories. Haven't been there for ages.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    We used to stop by at the Crab Claw every year on our way home from Ocean City after the family vacation. I have so many fond memories of that place. Haven't been in close to 20 years.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I go at least annually. This was a bit of a shock. I'm glad the property is going to the museum and not developers.
    It's true that the food wasn't "the best I've ever had" but it was pretty good.

Now I understand why my elders would complain about "change."

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I've not been there since I was a kid in the 70's or 80's.
    IDK of any locals who would go there for the last 30 years or so.
    St. Michaels has devolved to a tourist town with boom and bust cycles for business. Reminds me of small CA Gold Rush towns.

There are other places to get crabs in the area.

Still sad to see it go; but the CBMM, from what I've seen, is a class act.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I used to work there as a kid in high school and into college. Those summers were some of the best. My 5 best friends all worked there at the same time. Ms. Sylvia was a pain, her daughter Tracey was a bigger pain, Tracey is the one selling out. My old manager Wayne still works there and so do some of the waitresses. Only males could be busboys/steamers and only females servers back in the 90s. Mr Bill was a kick, we used to have to pack trash cans full of ice to take to his house to cool down his pool. We got paid in tips which at the time were pretty good. We added up all the tips from the servers divided that by the hours worked by how many bussers and you got that much for how ever many hours you worked. All our "wages" went to taxes (like $8.5/hour) and I only declared about 5 dollars a day in tips. Robby and Billy were strict but fair. The last time I went there was a couple years ago. When we race log canoes out of St Michaels our group of friends usually stops there to get a mud slide and some crabs. If you're a VIP you get the really good ones. Being friends with Wayne pays off.

I have so many stories from that time in my life. I hope the CBMM keeps it open and it continues to be a restaurant.

ShOrebird

Feb 22, 2010
    I went to the Crab Claw once sometime back in the 80s.
    I looked at the menu and then saw the prices.
    I turned around and I never went back.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Pro tip; I like to go to joints I can't afford for lunch (not dinner) and order soup. :)
    They have really good soups. Their crab prices are high but that's par for the course most of the menu is reasonable. It's a tourist trap mostly for people going to the museum. It's not cheap but it's not French Laundry either.

5cc43e49cbf66.jpg

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I have yet to go to a restaurant on the water that serves crabs etc. that was cheap. In general though, eating out is expensive, and I don't do it often. Cracking a bunch of crabs with a bunch of friends though becomes one of the worthwhile outings where I don't mind the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom