• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Cannot speak for PA.

While leaving a farm for the evening I ran into another hunter. This property is in MD on a private farm that I have permission to hunt. This guy proceeded tell me that I cannot carry my chest holstered .40 despite having a MD W&C permit because MD DNR overrides the 2nd amendment.

He claimed to be pro 2A.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Cannot speak for PA.

While leaving a farm for the evening I ran into another hunter. This property is in MD on a private farm that I have permission to hunt. This guy proceeded tell me that I cannot carry my chest holstered .40 despite having a MD W&C permit because MD DNR overrides the 2nd amendment.

He claimed to be pro 2A.
    You can carry in region A, not region B.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Allowances are made where needed, by code. I don’t see it prohibited in other instances. So IMHO, yes. IANAL. If you want further clarification, call a PA Game and Wildlife Officer.

It cannot be used at all in the hunting process unless it is legal for that season. So you couldn’t use a semi handgun to dispatch a wounded deer.

Page 16
    “Firearms – Handguns
    A License to Carry Firearms permit is required to carry a handgun concealed, or have it loaded in a motor vehicle. License to Carry Firearms permits are issued by county sheriff or the Philadelphia Chief of Police. While engaged in activities regulated by the Game & Wildlife Code, a License to Carry Firearms permit only entitles the holder to carry handguns that fall within this classification. Sportsman’s Firearms Permits are issued by county treasurers. A person holding a Sportsman’s Firearms Permit may not carry a concealed handgun or a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle and may not carry a handgun while bowhunting or spotlighting.”

Page 20
    “dual-carry rules
    Possession of any firearm while archery hunting is prohibited unless the individual possesses a license to carry a concealed firearm. Archery hunters are permitted to carry a muzzleloading firearm only during overlaps of archery deer or bear season with a muzzleloader deer or bear season.”

Page 25
    “Persons hunting deer in the archery seasons may not possess a firearm, except those individuals who have a License to Carry Firearms permit, and then only those firearms authorized by the permit (most sporting arms are not authorized). Muzzleloading firearms also can be carried by bowhunters during any muzzleloading season, including muzzleloader bear season with a bear license, providing the hunter has an archery license and a muzzleloader license and meets the fluorescent orange requirements of the muzzleloader season.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom