• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    IIRC ... Large capacity magazines are not illegal to possess ... They are illegal to sell in the State of Maryland and cannot be purchased on the internet to be shipped to MD ... It is legal to travel out of state and purchase these high capacity magazines and bring them back with you. Please correct me if I am wrong !
    No lies detected.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    IIRC ... Large capacity magazines are not illegal to possess ... They are illegal to sell in the State of Maryland and cannot be purchased on the internet to be shipped to MD ... It is legal to travel out of state and purchase these high capacity magazines and bring them back with you. Please correct me if I am wrong !
    That's one of those movie guns that never run out of ammo. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The officer who searched my console the other day didn't seem to mind the 2 33 round G17 mags and 4 15 round G19 Mags.

I doubt she asked the MSP Gun Center if my mags were legal when she called in my permit.
    Why was a cop searching your console? Never consent to a search.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The question should by why where they searching your console?
    Your sorta acting like a dick but I'll answer for the fun of it

I was stopped because I had no tag on the font of my truck. I had several guns in plain sight and one on my person when the officer approached.

Most officers are not going to let you go into the console to grab paperwork when you are armed. That's where my registration was and she didn't want me fiddling around.

Beyond the console she didn't search anything. I had plenty of things she could have inquired about in plain sight.

She asked me to exit and retrieved the paperwork as I stood to the rear of my truck.

She didn't handle any of my guns or ask any more questions about them. I gave her my permit and after she ran my info she gave me a warning and went on her way.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    You are correct however there is a section under criminal law, if you break the law with a “ high” capacity magazine with you, there is a mandatory 3 year sentence. We all should understand that if we should be unfortunate to have to use force we will be arrested and charged, it will be on us to prove our innocence even though it goes against the constitution. That would be additional charges that we would have to fight. Jus remember maryland is anti good person with gun.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    You are correct however there is a section under criminal law, if you break the law with a “ high” capacity magazine with you, there is a mandatory 3 year sentence. We all should understand that if we should be unfortunate to have to use force we will be arrested and charged, it will be on us to prove our innocence even though it goes against the constitution. That would be additional charges that we would have to fight. Jus remember maryland is anti good person with gun.
    So, you understood and accepted that it was illegal to do illegal things with them, but you had to ask MSP if it was legal to carry them (legally)?
    Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

Are you just trolling us?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Your sorta acting like a dick but I'll answer for the fun of it

I was stopped because I had no tag on the font of my truck. I had several guns in plain sight and one on my person when the officer approached.

Most officers are not going to let you go into the console to grab paperwork when you are armed. That's where my registration was and she didn't want me fiddling around.

Beyond the console she didn't search anything. I had plenty of things she could have inquired about in plain sight.

She asked me to exit and retrieved the paperwork as I stood to the rear of my truck.

She didn't handle any of my guns or ask any more questions about them. I gave her my permit and after she ran my info she gave me a warning and went on her way.
    As soon as your permit is produced, any concern becomes null and void. It’s an unconstitutional search.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You do you. I didn't ask for legal advice.
    So she knew you had on on you, but turned her back to you to check your console? That kinda doesn't make sense. Or you took it out of the holster and laid it on the seat?
    Most officers would keep a person in the vehicle where there's better control.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Am I allowed to carry a different gun from the one I qualified with?

I used cheap FMJ ammo to shoot my qualification. Am I allowed to carry non-FMJ ammo?

I only loaded 5 rounds at a time to qualify. Am I allowed to carry more than 5 rounds?

I shot my qualification on a Sunday. Does that mean I can only carry on Sundays?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I used cheap FMJ ammo to shoot my qualification. Am I allowed to carry non-FMJ ammo?

I only loaded 5 rounds at a time to qualify. Am I allowed to carry more than 5 rounds?

I shot my qualification on a Sunday. Does that mean I can only carry on Sundays?
    Maybe.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have not seen an email from msp actually saying one can. I have seen lots of people’s opinions and hear say. I know people that will not carry more then 10 rounds. Several local police officers i have talked to could not answer about carry standard capacity magazine.
    so now you know why I asked tell us why the popo was going trough your car

There is no law that says you can’t, therefore it is legal. The only law pertains to using a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds is during the commission of a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

You left out if I qualified with a revolver can I carry a semiauto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom