• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So she knew you had on on you, but turned her back to you to check your console? That kinda doesn't make sense. Or you took it out of the holster and laid it on the seat?
    Most officers would keep a person in the vehicle where there's better control.
    She asked me to exit the truck and I asked her how to proceed. I slowly unbuckled my seatbelt and disconnected my bag and told her one of my guns were inside. She did a bad pat down next to the truck and sent me to the back of my truck and in front of her explorer.

If I was carrying on my ankle or appendix she wouldn't have detected the weapon.

She moved my bag off the console and then retrieved my registration. I know she didn't look around because I have it all on my own camera. She didn't handle any guns or open my bag.

Other guns were in plain view as well.

She complimented my truck and bed cover as she walked back to her explorer.

It took her a while to run my info while I stood in between the vehicles. She was on her cell for a short time so I'm assuming she called the gun center about my MD permit.

She didn't seem to be worried about me and gave me the impression she was just going through motions. Maybe because of the stop being recorded on her end? I don't know.

She gave me a warning and told me to put my plate back on when I returned home. The plate was off because I was fitting a winch a few days earlier and forgot to put it back on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Only carry a 1911 or a M92 , depending upon when you served .

( All visiting newbees , that was humor )

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    She asked me to exit the truck and I asked her how to proceed. I slowly unbuckled my seatbelt and disconnected my bag and told her one of my guns were inside. She did a bad pat down next to the truck and sent me to the back of my truck and in front of her explorer.

If I was carrying on my ankle or appendix she wouldn't have detected the weapon.

She moved my bag off the console and then retrieved my registration. I know she didn't look around because I have it all on my own camera. She didn't handle any guns or open my bag.

Other guns were in plain view as well.

She complimented my truck and bed cover as she walked back to her explorer.

It took her a while to run my info while I stood in between the vehicles. She was on her cell for a short time so I'm assuming she called the gun center about my MD permit.

She didn't seem to be worried about me and gave me the impression she was just going through motions. Maybe because of the stop being recorded on her end? I don't know.

She gave me a warning and told me to put my plate back on when I returned home. The plate was off because I was fitting a winch a few days earlier and forgot to put it back on.
    You're going to love having the winch. Did you mount it permanently or on a front hitch?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You're going to love having the winch. Did you mount it permanently or on a front hitch?
    I may live to regret my choice but my winch is on a receiver mount setup.

I have a Ranch Hand brushguard and a separate front receiver mount from ecohitch. I could have opted for the one piece Ranch Hand with receiver mount and winch mounting points but I like the factory bumper on my truck and wanted to keep it.

Wife got me the winch for my birthday. It's a Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12k with Synthetic Line. I bought a Curt Receiver Mount for it.

I wanted to be able to put the winch on the front, or the back if necessary. I installed wiring with Anderson plugs on the rear and front bumpers to power the winch and to use my 30' jumper cables.

I have used other people winches before but never owned one for my own truck.

I also permanent installed a compressor and tank under the truck. It's come in handy many times. I added a train horn, well just because I had air tanks. :)

I considered air bags but she don't squat when I pull a trailer or our big camper .

Any advice?

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I have a Ranch Hand brushguard and a separate front receiver mount from ecohitch. I could have opted for the one piece Ranch Hand with receiver mount and winch mounting points but I like the factory bumper on my truck and wanted to keep it.

Wife got me the winch for my birthday. It's a Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12k with Synthetic Line. I bought a Curt Receiver Mount for it.

I wanted to be able to put the winch on the front, or the back if necessary. I installed wiring with Anderson plugs on the rear and front bumpers to power the winch and to use my 30' jumper cables.

I also permanent installed a compressor and tank under the truck. It's come in handy many times. I added a train horn, well just because I had air tanks. :)

I considered air bags but she don't squat when I pull a trailer or our big camper .

Any advice?
    Same winch and the same set up.

I'm going to install on board air this spring.

I did install a set of LED lights in the grill wired to one of the upfitter switches. Stock headlights were not the best but the LEDs light up
    the road like a broadway show, love them.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Any advice?
    If she don't squat, look for an Adam's apple.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Same winch and the same set up.

I'm going to install on board air this spring.

I did install a set of LED lights in the grill wired to one of the upfitter switches. Stock headlights were not the best but the LEDs light up
    the road like a broadway show, love them.
    Very nice. I guess my setup isn't so odd then.

I want to add more light as well. I have a LED Bar but need to make find time to mount it up. I want to get I.R. lights as well.

ZBryant63

May 23, 2019
    We need to give folks who ask this a break. Despite the numerous times this has been addressed, there is still *alot* of confusion. The CCW holders I know have all been advised by their instructors that 11+ round mags are not legal to carry. Idk if this is a CYA thing or confusion about the MD statute that considers possessing a "high" cap mag an agravating factor to criminal charges. Maybe both. Also, just because it's not illegal, doesn't mean that a prosecutor won't suggest, or flat out claim it to be so, and in MD, we can expect to get a Judge that will call them out on the ********.
    Link to more info.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    We need to give folks who ask this a break. Despite the numerous times this has been addressed, there is still *alot* of confusion. The CCW holders I know have all been advised by their instructors that 11+ round mags are not legal to carry. Idk if this is a CYA thing or confusion about the MD statute that considers possessing a "high" cap mag an agravating factor to criminal charges. Maybe both. Also, just because it's not illegal, doesn't mean that a prosecutor won't suggest, or flat out claim it to be so, and in MD, we can expect to get a Judge that will call them out on the ********.
    Link to more info.

Listen, telling someone over 10 round mags are illegal is bllshit. That's not a cover your ass thing, it's an overboard BGOS thing and pure ignorance. They should not be telling students that. It's irresponsible.

But yeah, the person asking shouldn't be bashed on reaffirming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom