• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The right to bear arms should not be infringed.

We all know that it is, in many states, of which MD is one.

Today OC is not perhaps the best time to attempt to expand the public's awareness of the extent of the right.

Tomorrow might be better.

After the Court speaks we will have coverage missing today.

As an old man without a business, I'd like to get a carry permit. Self defense is at present insufficient here as a reason. Attention whores whose actions polarize our politicians and the shrill harpies who drive their agenda are doing me no favors.

Wear and carry if you can. But measure your actions against a larger picture than self aggrandizement.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Open carry threads are some of our most predictable. This one ads in a 2A audit video and the open carry is an AR. If the guy carrying had been a cyclist I'd have MDS bingo.
    I think he'd have to have a pit bull for a true MDS bingo.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I hope the young man can afford higher quality guns one day. Affordable guns are better than no guns though.

Antigunners will always view people who carry and AR as a bad person.

I carry a handgun and an AR daily. I don't worry about what people think because their "thoughts" won't protect me.

Brave young man.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    The first mistake in this…was assuming to know how a former LEO “should think”. But that’s okay. Lots of folks who never were… assume they know how one thinks. Or how one is supposed to think. Don’t try to pigeon hole me into what you think I should be.

Fact of the matter is… I strongly believe in the free exercise of the 2A by honest, Law abiding, sober, non criminally prohibited, sane individuals.

I do not like open carry… ONLY because it shows the criminal element where the guns are. That gives them an advantage in any conflict. They should be surprised, as they lay bleeding out on the ground, to find that their target was armed.

But, even more, I don’t like infringement of lawful actions by EITHER side of the issue. Karens will be Karens. Fuggem when they’re wrong. My rights don’t stop at the Karen’s fence.
    Peace.

I need to cook up some ribs.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    HammerQueen.jpg

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy.

I'm with the OP.
    The incident was a teaching situation for the PD. Hopefully this will be one of many incidents that will sway the pendulum towards the Constitution & our God given rights.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I always liked that song and in fact during their last minute performance at Live Aid back in '85 Queen performed what was possibly the best set of the day at Wembley Stadium when they played that song third in the set behind the first part of Bohemian Rhapsody and then Radio Ga Ga.

That set was reproduced with unbelievable accuracy by the 2018 film Bohemian Rhapsody.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I always liked that song and in fact during their last minute performance at Live Aid back in '85 Queen performed what was possibly the best set of the day at Wembley Stadium when they played that song third in the set behind the first part of Bohemian Rhapsody and then Radio Ga Ga.

That set was reproduced with unbelievable accuracy by the 2018 film Bohemian Rhapsody.

Peace!

Ribs be cooking!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A lot of open carry angst is situational. Carrying an EBR in a retail setting is so unusual as to require immediate assessment and probably withdrawal from a typical urban/Karen-infested suburban area.

In ConCarry states, pretty much meh.

BGOS? Common sense? Lotta unstable Progressives around where I live; I wouldn't trust many of them with firearms.
    Even Before TX got CCW. I understood why many were carrying around EBRs did I think it was good form but in state like TX people would not freak out as much. But still I see why some say open carrying an EBR is more or less finger in the face of Suzy Suburban Housewife.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    WTF does this have to do with the conversation?
    Well, if folks did things that would not draw attention to themselves they would never have any issues. Sorta like bringing it on themselves by doing something lawful.

You already knew what i meant but chose to try to belittle my post, so in reality i should not have posted to save someone to scrutinize my post.
    The entire idea is OC is a legal process and not illegal so are the activities i mentioned in a lighthearted way to prove a point.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Ok so now we're at Alamo level.
    Where's your Sam Houston?
    There have been exactly zero open carry marches in Maryland. Because of all those ghost carry marches, they banned ghost guns. See how that works? Moms Demand Karening despite the lack of OC marches.

Dallas had a very controversial open carry march a few years ago. Now they are constitutional carry. All this controversial OC has expanded con carry, not the opposite. In fact I predict: 1) PA and VA will have OC rallies and 2) PA goes con carry next year. Not that getting a PA LTC is hard.

The big opponents of con carry it turns out have not been Karens worried about EBRs in Target. Its been law enforcement groups worried about people running around with guns without a hall pass.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    While we're all poking at the LEO's for not knowing the law or the firearms, let's also realize that our legislature has made law enforcement's job nearly impossible with the absolutely insane, nano-managing, nonsensical firearms laws in this state.

All it takes is a single accessory to change a firearm from a rifle to a pistol from a plain old rifle to an "assault weapon" etc.

The OP has big balls doing this so soon after the recent grocery store shooting. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have done it but I can see LEO's thinking that this might be a copy cat crime or retaliatory crime.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    While we're all poking at the LEO's for not knowing the law or the firearms, let's also realize that our legislature has made law enforcement's job nearly impossible with the absolutely insane, nano-managing, nonsensical firearms laws in this state.

All it takes is a single accessory to change a firearm from a rifle to a pistol from a plain old rifle to an "assault weapon" etc.

The OP has big balls doing this so soon after the recent grocery store shooting. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have done it but I can see LEO's thinking that this might be a copy cat crime or retaliatory crime.
    The date stamp of the BWC video is 3/1/2022.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    The date stamp of the BWC video is 3/1/2022.
    Oops, thanks for that. Well that makes the vid even better.

Frankly, I agree with the guy in the video when he said he's exercising his rights. Rights are like muscles. If you don't exercise them, they atrophy and are gone. I wish I'd understood this years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom