• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Legitimately have a friend in this situation

Current carry permit holder. Wants to start working for a friend of his who does private security.

He is training exempt as he is current military. Does this still exempt him from the enhanced shooting test administered to security personnel? Does he need to have his permit altered or converted in some way? I see there is a MSP certification you need to get to be armed security.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Still needs the armed security cert and to get that I believe still has to shoot the "full" qual course with a QHIL (not a QHIC).

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Guard card. Look it up. There is no qualification needed. $15 application fee, application, fingerprints, photo ID, and a sponsoring agency.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Does the "agency" have to be an actual employer or can others act as a "sponsering agency?"
    I mean, I don’t think you can list your neighbor next door. The application has to be approved by MSP.

In OP’s case, he said his friend did private security. I assume has a legitimate business, LLC, etc so that would be the sponsoring “agency”.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I mean, I don’t think you can list your neighbor next door. The application has to be approved by MSP.

In OP’s case, he said his friend did private security. I assume has a legitimate business, LLC, etc so that would be the sponsoring “agency”.
    My thought was that a sponsoring agency could be a Church or Business that requires security.

Other than an actual full time security contract company.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    My thought was that a sponsoring agency could be a Church or Business that requires security.

Other than an actual full time security contract company.
    Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 6.15.53 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom