• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Bought a versa carry owb for a glock 26 made of leather.fit was perfect.
    For Iwb use a supertuck of alien holster
    Now have iwb holster for my lc9 from versa carry. Nice fit.
    Good belt can make difference in how holster rides

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Heh - when I see shoulder holsters, I envision this. :D

kevin-career-day-costume.png

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm looking for a good OWB leather holster for a P365 XL. Memory serves me that galco combat master seemed to be a winner. Still the case or some other manufacturer the new hotness
    Actually, that's the only Galco owb leather they have for it iirc.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Bought a versa carry owb for a glock 26 made of leather.fit was perfect.
    For Iwb use a supertuck of alien holster
    Now have iwb holster for my lc9 from versa carry. Nice fit.
    Good belt can make difference in how holster rides
    I carry my 365XL and 320 both in a Versacarry Archangel (not the same one obviously) and love it. My collection of holsters has stopped growing since discovering the Versacarry.

RangerWillrett

Jun 20, 2011
    Mineral Co WV
    I have both a Concealment Express and a Outlaw Holsters. I swapped out the clips on both for loops and added a claw to one of them so far. I'm pretty happy with both. I just wore the Concealment Express for a week while I was in Tennessee.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Yes, carry in a holster.

Four Walmart customers were injured on Sunday afternoon in a mishap involving the mishandling of a handgun.

The incident took place at a Walmart location in Lovejoy, Georgia, at around 12:20 p.m. According to Sergeant Akeem Turnbull with the Lovejoy Police Department, a patron at the store, 29-year-old Michael Walton, was carrying a handgun in an unsafe manner, causing it to slip and go off.

"The gun was in his waistband not holstered and loaded," Turnbull explained to local news station WSB-TV. "The gun slipped down his leg, he attempted to grab it, and was somehow manipulating the weapon and discharged the firearm."

tbf, it was a Walmart. This is exactly what I would expect to experience in a Walmart.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Well--- I just received my Galco Combat Master OWB for my 43X... I have a good feeling about this. Based on Stoveman's stated experience with the Versacarry I was heavily leaning in that direction. However, I went with my own experience with my other Galco OWB and the S&W 1911-- which has been outstanding for fit, finish and comfort. Gotta say my early impression with the Combat Master is it's performing exactly how I hoped it would. Holds the 43X in nice and snug to my torso--feels comfortable sitting and bending over so far (albeit a very few minutes). If something changes after a few days or weeks I'll pop back up and edit for critique--- but so far I'm a happy camper.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well--- I just received my Galco Combat Master OWB for my 43X... I have a good feeling about this. Based on Stoveman's stated experience with the Versacarry I was heavily leaning in that direction. However, I went with my own experience with my other Galco OWB and the S&W 1911-- which has been outstanding for fit, finish and comfort. Gotta say my early impression with the Combat Master is it's performing exactly how I hoped it would. Holds the 43X in nice and snug to my torso--feels comfortable sitting and bending over so far (albeit a very few minutes). If something changes after a few days or weeks I'll pop back up and edit for critique--- but so far I'm a happy camper.
    Nothing wrong with Galco holsters, I have used several. They are like a Honda Accord, not sexy or flashy but just work.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    I used to be over 300 pounds (at my peak I ranged from 305 to 310). While most people say at that size, OWB (outside the waistband) carry is most comfortable, I preferred IWB (inside the waistband). Part of that was that I like tucked shirts, so unless it is winter (heavy coat and/or sweater), I needed a holster capable of IWB tucked carry (some are made specifically to carry with a tucked shirt, some are not). I definitely preferred a thinner gun with that combo, a 1911 or a small CCW pistol (I love my SIG P290, though they are discontinued, I'm now in the market for one of the around 1" 10 round+ 9mms). Admittedly, when I did carry OWB, it was more comfortable, but IWB wasn't bad (at least with the right gun). Also, a lot of people think IWB carry (especially with a tucked shirt) makes them look like they have a tumor. With the extra fat, I felt like it "melted" around the gun and made that effect less pronounced than it is now that I'm a lot thinner.

All that does need the disclaimer that I do not have the (until recently) almost impossible to get MD permit (almost impossible if you aren't a cop or business owner). I carried at home often (if there is a break-in, I'd rather it be on my person than nearby), and I have had a UT non-resident carry permit for quite some time now. I can carry legally in about 30 states and often plan my vacations to be sure I'm in a state where I can carry. I also find myself in DE, WV or VA quite often (at least once a month), and until a few years ago (um, somewhere in the 5-10 year range), PA used to honor non-resident UT permits and I'm there even more often. So, while I don't carry full-time or nearly full-time like people with permits in their home states, I have had some carry experience.

As for which holster, I like the hybrid style holsters, leather backing with kydex front. They are typically IWB (usually tuckable as well), in a pancake style. The pancake style with two belt clips spreads the weight (especially good with a larger gun or a heavier gun), and as I said before, I tend to prefer IWB. I have some from several makers for different guns and all have been good (I slightly prefer Theis holsters). Short of that, just about any leather OWB if you want OWB, the classy and traditional look of an all metal CZ deserves leather over kydex. There are quite a few good holster makers, but for CZ, if I was going leather, I'd buy HBE (Holsters by Eric). He used to be a regular poster (20 years ago) on what was then probably the biggest gun forum on the internet who started out specifically with CZ because virtually no one else made holsters for them. Of course, he also did other guns, and since then, most/all major holster makers will make holsters for CZ, but I'd want to go with his.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom