Carhartt cold weather boot sock "L" $5.99 shipped.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • We must be looking at different pages. When I bring it up, the only reference to manufacture is under the Q&A which lists USA.

From your link, Black XL...
    FEATURES
    Description
    These men's socks were designed to keep you warm through the coldest conditions. They're made from wool-blend fabric that wicks away sweat, and they feature abrasion-resistant reinforcement for durability.

Features
    68% wool / 24% nylon / 1% spandex / 7% other fiber
    FastDry® technology wicks sweat and fights odors
    Abrasion-resistant reinforcement throughout the entire sock
    Lighter knit structure at the ankle reduces bulk
    Top length: 12.5"-13.5"
    Country of Origin: Imported
    It has been my experience that when COO is only listed as "Imported" it means China.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Cold weather, go with merino wool socks. They still keep you warm when they're wet.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    From your link, Black XL...
    FEATURES
    Description
    These men's socks were designed to keep you warm through the coldest conditions. They're made from wool-blend fabric that wicks away sweat, and they feature abrasion-resistant reinforcement for durability.

Features
    68% wool / 24% nylon / 1% spandex / 7% other fiber
    FastDry® technology wicks sweat and fights odors
    Abrasion-resistant reinforcement throughout the entire sock
    Lighter knit structure at the ankle reduces bulk
    Top length: 12.5"-13.5"
    Country of Origin: Imported
    It has been my experience that when COO is only listed as "Imported" it means China.

Thanks- features section is blank and not expandable when I view it on both laptop and phone in Chrome.

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    Red wing make some nice merino wool socks. If they get holes just take them back and they will replace them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Or Darn Tough wool socks.
    Both are great socks that will last.
    They do tend to cost more.

I have a pair of the Carhart socks noted in the OP and they suck in the cold

Thanks.
    I didn’t order any. Smart wool/wigwam myself and have not had cold feet this year. Outside normally 8 - 8 pm.

I must have been looking at something else that was made in USA.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks.
    I didn’t order any. Smart wool/wigwam myself and have not had cold feet this year. Outside normally 8 - 8 pm.

I must have been looking at something else that was made in USA.

Ororo socks. Game changer for hunting. I also have their vest and jacket.

Stand by for sticker shock

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Carhartt CEO says he's still mandating staff vaccinations. Now he's facing a boycott.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carhartt-covid-vaccine-mandate-boycott/

Partial except for the non-link clickers

"some customers are vowing to boycott Carhartt products after a January 14 internal memo from CEO Mark Valade surfaced on social media. The memo focuses on the Dearborn, Michigan-based company's response to the Supreme Court ruling on the Biden administration's vaccine rules for large workforces — which the high court struck down. Despite the ruling, Valade wrote, Carhartt would maintain its corporate policy of requiring its 5,500 workers to be vaccinated. "Many of you have asked how the recent Supreme Court decision on the OSHA mandate for large employers will impact our associates so we want to provide some clarity," he wrote in the memo, which was confirmed by Carhartt to be authentic. "The ruling does not change Carhartt's mandatory vaccination program, which went into effect on January 4th."

He added, "An unvaccinated workforce is both a people and business risk that our company is unwilling to take."
    The memo has sparked both support and calls for a boycott, with the division coming down to whether consumers support vaccination requirements or see them as an intrusion on personal freedom. The unvaccinated are among the minority of Americans, given that 63% of the nation is fully vaccinated. But those who are unvaccinated tend to be higher in Republican-leaning areas, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. "

FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    Carhartt CEO says he's still mandating staff vaccinations. Now he's facing a boycott.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carhartt-covid-vaccine-mandate-boycott/

Partial except for the non-link clickers

"some customers are vowing to boycott Carhartt products after a January 14 internal memo from CEO Mark Valade surfaced on social media. The memo focuses on the Dearborn, Michigan-based company's response to the Supreme Court ruling on the Biden administration's vaccine rules for large workforces — which the high court struck down. Despite the ruling, Valade wrote, Carhartt would maintain its corporate policy of requiring its 5,500 workers to be vaccinated. "Many of you have asked how the recent Supreme Court decision on the OSHA mandate for large employers will impact our associates so we want to provide some clarity," he wrote in the memo, which was confirmed by Carhartt to be authentic. "The ruling does not change Carhartt's mandatory vaccination program, which went into effect on January 4th."

He added, "An unvaccinated workforce is both a people and business risk that our company is unwilling to take."
    The memo has sparked both support and calls for a boycott, with the division coming down to whether consumers support vaccination requirements or see them as an intrusion on personal freedom. The unvaccinated are among the minority of Americans, given that 63% of the nation is fully vaccinated. But those who are unvaccinated tend to be higher in Republican-leaning areas, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. "

I've seen people burning their Carhartt gear over this. Politics...

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1642646234123.jpg
      FB_IMG_1642646234123.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 183

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have fat calf or some might say Kankles what socks don't collapse your calves ??I bought Carhart's that work decent

Browning medium boot socks work pretty decent for me. Warm, don’t constrict my calves (I know exactly what you are talking about). NOT Arctic socks. But they work well in warm boots for sits around freezing for a few hours without my testing getting freezing cold. They work well around my house relaxing in the winter. Not TOO warm to use for summer hiking (though on the warmer side). And work fantastic as winter time hiking socks.

The downside for me is they don’t wear well. I chewed through 2 socks out of 4 pairs in about 2 years. And at a guess several of the other socks left probably won’t last more than another few wears. But I do wear them a lot. But I am not hiking the AT. Just typical outdoor chores on my 4.5 acres, a couple mile walk every afternoon/evening after work most days and some several mile hunts and hikes.

Those browning socks get worn for hunting and hiking. Chores, around the house and after work walks they probably get worn 1/4th of the time in my usual rotation of socks.

I’ve got some mostly wool socks that are about 5-6 years old now that don’t look worn at all by comparison. But I tend to chew through cotton 1/4 crew socks fast too. I doubt I own any that are more than 3 years old at most. I am usually buying a six pair of such socks every year to replace the ones that wore out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom