• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This C&R bound book template is for one gun per page, with the ATF required sections and room for additional comments and a picture.

I liked the idea of the pictures, like the bound book that amazon sells. The one page forms I've seen on the web seem to be missing the right columns/wording. You can print these pages out (double sided is great) and put them in a three ring binder to meet the requirements of your Firearms Collectors Log Book.

:cool:

Edit: I updated the template to be in columnar format after listening to machodoc's feedback.

Attachments

• bound_book_cantstop_upd.pdf
      11 KB · Views: 2,832
    Last edited:

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    personally id rather keep a simple boundbook with 4 to a page, and then make a more detailed log book, which includes all my guns, antique and modern, that includes pictures and detailed info and is only one gun to a page.

it can be very useful too if you decide to insure your collection.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    personally id rather keep a simple boundbook with 4 to a page, and then make a more detailed log book, which includes all my guns, antique and modern, that includes pictures and detailed info and is only one gun to a page.

it can be very useful too if you decide to insure your collection.

Yep ... see my latest posting on what the ATF says about C&R bound books.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The template has been updated to match the ATF columnar format, but still allows room for pictures.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I really like what you've done, but it would depend upon the ATF agent, if you were audited, as to whether your form would be considered compliant. I just don't know the answer to that. Strictly speaking, though, it's not in their mandated format. When I had a part-time job importing and exporting machine parts, I know that the U.S. Customs guys that I dealt with would help me correct it if I did something wrong, but they wouldn't budge the slightest fraction of an inch. I had to borrow a desk from one of them and fill out over 2 hours' worth of forms again because they had been filled out in blue ink, and the gov't said they had to be done in black ink back then.

I still think that it would be better to keep two records: one that's strictly in the ATF mandated format; and the other in whatever format you want for personal reasons, insurance files, etc..

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So, is this ATF approved or not?

I have not asked the ATF for approval, but it contains all of the columns from the current document on the ATF website (attached).
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/
    Specifically, page 8 of the "Firearms Curios or Relics List (1972 – 2007)" downloadable from that website.

This template is similar to, but different from this ATF approved 1 gun per page bound book on amazon:
    BookFactory® C&R FFL 03 Bound Book

Attachments

• page8.jpg
      page8.jpg
      101.4 KB · Views: 4,113
    Mar 14, 2013
    Outstanding template, thank you so much. I really liked the Book Factory one but didn't want something so small.

The only thing I would change is adding editable fields to the Page No., Description of Firearm and Additional Information sections. Then a user could fill out and print off a page for every firearm taken in when received, it would be easier than writing, more legible if reviewed, and you could keep a digital copy of each seperate gun as backup. Presumably Disposition would have to be filled out by hand, on the original record, at time of sale.

Thanks again! Cant wait to print a few off on nice paper and throw them in a leather-bound Circa notebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom