• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TerpNewb

Aug 29, 2013
    I was told today I could buy 2 stripped lowers online and have them shipped to my FFL (the business i went to said I would not have to fill out any paperwork today), I do NOT have collector status.

I'm assuming I'd fill out paperwork when they came in and I saw them.

My questions are...

Can I buy 1 or 2? (I'm shipping them to the FFL, dunno how long that'll take)

Should I have had paperwork to fill out today?

If I order them and they get them in, I need to do the paperwork before Oct 1st correct?

Can I take possession after Oct. 1st?

Thank you very much

stupid

Jun 13, 2013
    i thought you can buy as many as you want, you have to pick them up 30 days apart. but i have heard multiple things.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    You can purchase 2 regulated firearms at the same time if you are not a collector, but there is a 60 day wait after that instead of the 30 day non-collector wait. You will do the paperwork when they get into the shop.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    As I stated in the other thread, you can get two at the same time. If you feel like taking a nice drive, freestate militia firearms in prince frederick has aero lowers in stock. $115 for one or $100 each for two or more. He will donate $5 from each sale to MSI and releases in the 8th day.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    To answer the question asked, you can buy 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10+ before October 1, 2013. To do so without a DC approval, you will most likely need to use the purchase order method. You can place a purchase order with a dealer before October 1, 2013 for however many "assault long guns" or "copycat" long guns that you want. You will be able to take possession of them at the rate of one every 30 days.

This is the position of the MSP at this time. Caveat is that I think there is a snafu with dealers trying to transfer/sell them to you after October 1, 2013 if they are not in the dealer's possession at that time.

Since you already bought 2, I am not going to go into more detail unless you or somebody else want me to.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    DC= Designated Collector

ND= ?

btw Fabs; thank you

No problem. Glad I can help out a fellow Terp.

My advice, if you want a handgun AND assault long guns at this point, get the handgun released to you before October 1, 2013, put a purchase order in place for the assault long guns that has you picking them up after October 1, 2013, make sure the assault long guns are at your dealer, AND submit the Forms 77r on them all before October 1, 2013. Then, pick up the assault long guns at the rate of 1 every 30 days after October 1, 2013 until you receive your DC and then just take possession of all of them.

Now, the MOST IMPORTANT thing is picking the right dealer at this time. We are in September now. So, pick a dealer that is releasing on-time (i.e., around 8+ days). Not one of these dealers waiting for the ND to come back because that is a 120 day wait (i.e., Xmas). If you go to the wrong dealer, you would need the Handgun Qualification License ("HQL") before you get that handgun. My final purchase is going to be on Tuesday, a frame for a 2011.

http://www.stiguns.com/the-sti-tactical-5-0/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom