Can Anyone find a WWII Type 11 Japanese Light Machine Gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    This is a really obscure thing I have been looking for a source to buy from in the future. Alas I could not afford it now, but I was curious if anyone here could find one anyway. My Google fu has me coming up with nothing. The closest I have seen to recent news about them is a Video by AZGuns on YouTube. Probably not what you guys keep your eyes on, but it is a NFA so I was hoping it would be something that would have crossed anyone's radar here. Any leads would be great, thanks.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I don't know anything about this particular gun but for MGs in general, looking before you have the money isn't going to do much since the item will be sold before you are ready to buy and inventory isn't consistent like a normal firearms business.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd ask on the Bowers NFA board. They have the best handle on what's out there, and where. And yes, you're talking big money. At least $10K, probably more.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    There was one posted Friday on Sturm. It's one that was converted to 7.62x39 which makes it much cheaper to shoot than 7.7 Jap.

That a 6.5mm gun. They convert the 7.7 Jap MGs to 308.

I did a quick look at my normal sites and there are none in. You might want to check with Bob at Blackriver Militaria. http://www.blackrivermilitaria.com/

Yes Sturm, Subguns, Gunbroker.... THey are out there. $14K is crazy high if you ask me. I think $10Kish is about right. I think I have seen these sell as low as in the $8Kish range but I do get them mixed with some of the other Jap light MGs... Either way, none of the light Jap MGs are getting $14K.

If you get one, I really hope you bring it out to the AGC! I have really wanted to shoot one!

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    Thanks those are good sources to look at. Though you guys seem to be showing me Type 99 machine guns. I mean the Type 11, as in the one that takes 6.5 and stripper clips. I would consider the Type 99 if it just wasn't so normal for guns of the time. I will keep an eye on these sources.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Thanks those are good sources to look at. Though you guys seem to be showing me Type 99 machine guns. I mean the Type 11, as in the one that takes 6.5 and stripper clips. I would consider the Type 99 if it just wasn't so normal for guns of the time. I will keep an eye on these sources.

Yes I know which gun you were talking about. Frankly they should not be as expensive as a Type 99. While awesome in its weirdness... its limited in its FA capability compared to guns like the Type 99.

I have half been considering one of these Jap MGs for a while now myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom