• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    I received an email that there will be a community meeting by Keep Calvert Schools Safe.

When: Wednesday 3/7/2018
    Where: Prince Frederick fire department.

Attendance list has the Sheriff, and a bunch of board of education members. MSP TFC will speak on Civilain Response to Active Shooter Event (CRASE).

I plan on attending to bring up armed teachers, staff, and volunteers.

—Ken

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I received an email that there will be a community meeting by Keep Calvert Schools Safe.

Attendance list has the Sheriff, and a bunch of board of education members. MSP TFC will speak on Civilain Response to Active Shooter Event (CRASE).

—Ken

Don't forget to suggest silencers for the librarians.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

—Ken

I would also suggest making changes to the school building structure and a fence line, with a control entry as well.

Last edited:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I asked a friend in the St. Mary's system if they have had discussions on what to do and they were told to fight back. Earlier this year they were told to barricade themselves in a room and not engage in anyway.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I asked a friend in the St. Mary's system if they have had discussions on what to do and they were told to fight back. Earlier this year they were told to barricade themselves in a room and not engage in anyway.

Could this be due to the School System fearing litigation?

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Talked to a Democrat/union lobbyist. I ask for a contact for the teacher's union contact for the purpose of a dedicated teachers First Shots program. I was told that they (?) voted to not arm teachers. I tried to explain this was a firearm safety overview with the opportunity to fire a .22 pistol or rifle with supervision. The idea was dismissed immediately as if the teachers wouldn't consider the possibility. If doable the event would have been in southern MD.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Talked to a Democrat/union lobbyist. I ask for a contact for the teacher's union contact for the purpose of a dedicated teachers First Shots program. I was told that they (?) voted to not arm teachers. I tried to explain this was a firearm safety overview with the opportunity to fire a .22 pistol or rifle with supervision. The idea was dismissed immediately as if the teachers wouldn't consider the possibility. If doable the event would have been in southern MD.

http://www.ceamsea.org/about-us/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom