• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is almost too easy. Just to show you how ignorant these f'ers are, they say:

Congress needs to bring it back. And if congressional lawmakers lack the political will, Colorado lawmakers ought to follow the example of Maryland, which just enacted the Assault Weapons Ban of 2007. (It would mean amending a law now on the books.)

We must have all missed that hearing :lol2:

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_7716133

Renew ban on assault weapons
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 12/14/2007 05:22:23 PM MST

Matthew Murray has given us another reason to renew the ban on high-powered assault weapons.
    Murray was the troubled young man who killed four people last Sunday and injured others at religious organizations in Arvada and Colorado Springs. Almost exactly a year before the rampage, he purchased an AK-47 assault rifle and a large shipment of ammunition. Less than two months later, he purchased another.
    He was armed with a Bushmaster XM-15 assault rifle, the kind used by military and law-enforcement personnel, during his killing spree in Colorado Springs. He also had handguns. The AK-47 assault rifle was found in the trunk of his car.

Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    BTW, you can make comments. Notice how the preponderance of the comments are in our favor.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Congress needs to bring it back. And if congressional lawmakers lack the political will, Colorado lawmakers ought to follow the example of Maryland, which just enacted the Assault Weapons Ban of 2007. (It would mean amending a law now on the books.)

Im sorry, but WTF did they about maryland ? that we have the Assault Weapon Ban of 2007 ? I think that they are misleading and we dont need the bill again ( EDIT SOUND BETTER :) )

Geez whiz, people can say whatever they want ...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They did, MD did enact the AWB of 2007, remember? No need to bring it up again this year...........shhhhhhhhh.......:innocent0:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They must not have gotten the memo. The gun grabbing bliss ninnys have never let the truth stand in their way before, why start now?:mad54:

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I don't think I have ever seen an article that was so unfactual before. At least the other articles use skewed stastics. They didn't even bother with this one. :tdown:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    As an aside- did he really use a Bushy? I haven't seen video footage but I was told/heard he was on video shooting the AK. Just for clarification (plus adding one more erroneous statement to this article).

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The truth has never gotten in the way of a good piece of propaganda.

Use your fake email accounts and leave them your thoughts ;)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    working on posting this:

I am a Maryland resident, and testified at the SB43 hearing, the alleged "2007 MD assault weapon ban", key fact being IT WAS KILLED IN COMITTEE, it never even had a chance for a floor vote, and it was killed by 500+ law abiding gun owners converging on Annapolis, not unlike the better than 90% of people posting corrections to this collection of blatant lies here. Keep up the good work, when journalists have to step right past "spin", and print outright lies to further their agenda, it only goes to show the desparation they must face. The "ban assault weapons" argument cannot be substantiated by valid statistics, reason, or even basic analysis. There is not much reason to expand my argument, as I am basically preaching to the choir here, but for those who may have questions, or seek to form an opinion of their own with FBI and DOJ statistics, I encourage you to check out www.gunfacts.info

so how long before they pull a brady, and trash all but the single comment supporting the idiot that wrote that article

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom