• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm signed up for Cold War. Running my pre-ban M16A1 IDF clone and my BHP. It's gonna be rad. Hopefully will be checking zero on that on Thursday.

If I feel really spicy, I might haul out my Galil SAR SBR.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm signed up for Cold War. Running my pre-ban M16A1 IDF clone and my BHP. It's gonna be rad. Hopefully will be checking zero on that on Thursday.

If I feel really spicy, I might haul out my Galil SAR SBR.

Nice that sounds fun. Galil could be sweet.

Think I am going with this, 1905 Sestroryetsk M91 and a Chinese tokarev. Not sure though so many things I would like to run in this match

7B86AC5C-319E-4898-B3D3-4E5F46DC3ADE.jpeg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nice that sounds fun. Galil could be sweet.

Think I am going with this, 1905 Sestroryetsk M91 and a Chinese tokarev. Not sure though so many things I would like to run in this match
    Looks sweet. The other direction I was thinking of going was my IDF FALO clone, but it's been literally years since I've shot it, and I'd need more time to verify function before bringing it to a match.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    So I have a question. I’ve never done any 3 gun or 2 gun matches before but I’m really interested in this one because I have a bunch of C&Rs that I would love to try out in this match. My question is, would you suggest that I not participate as my first ever attempt at 2- or 3-gun? Should I get some 3-gun experience first? The last thing I want is to get in the way as a total noob but it does sound like a really awesome time. Any input would be appreciated. I’d love to join you all for the match but if you think it’s not for newbies, that’s OK.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    So I have a question. I’ve never done any 3 gun or 2 gun matches before but I’m really interested in this one because I have a bunch of C&Rs that I would love to try out in this match. My question is, would you suggest that I not participate as my first ever attempt at 2- or 3-gun? Should I get some 3-gun experience first? The last thing I want is to get in the way as a total noob but it does sound like a really awesome time. Any input would be appreciated. I’d love to join you all for the match but if you think it’s not for newbies, that’s OK.

No previous experience needed, definitely sign up and come on out and shoot. We are there to have fun and enjoy our cool old guns, and our ROs are always happy to help new shooters. I'd recommend reading the rules and just make sure you bring guns that are in safe working condition you know how to operate. You can see a video posted earlier in the thread to sort of get a feel what the stages are like.

We have also have 2 opportunities to come out and do a little practice on the bays between now and the match, this Thursday night (5/18) and 6/1, 530-8pm.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    What Red1917 said, plus, I would say that the slightly slower pace and patience with old equipment would actually make this event a better introduction to 2/3gun than vice versa.

Don't get me wrong...Red and a few others are going to absolutely tear it up :gun7: But I don't think there will be as much pressure for everyone to go that fast.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'm considering coming with my Enfield No.4 MK I and 1969 Browning Hi-Power. I haven't shot a competition in over 20 years but this sounds like a lot of fun.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Definitely no real match experience necessary. I’d say knowing how to walk around with the gun is most important. We don’t do a lot in this match to get people going back and forth but I would recommend (if you have a hallway or something similar in a room) practicing going right to left and left to right with a rifle and see what your reaction is for the muzzle discipline.

The ROs are there to help you out but we can’t do a lot if you’ve not used your guns before (like loading a stripper clip ever for example)

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    You can avoid a lot of problems and frustration if you:

1) Make sure that whatever firearm(s) you are going to use function properly with the ammunition you are going to use for the match.

2) Make sure your rifle is properly zeroed. If you have a good 100yd zero you should be fine for this match. Some of the shots may go to 150yds but it not enough to worry about.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You can avoid a lot of problems and frustration if you:

1) Make sure that whatever firearm(s) you are going to use function properly with the ammunition you are going to use for the match.

2) Make sure your rifle is properly zeroed. If you have a good 100yd zero you should be fine for this match. Some of the shots may go to 150yds but it not enough to worry about.
    Pretty much. I was just trying out my BHP tonight, and the slide stop really doesn't love my current bullet profile. Might pivot to a Jericho (which, although it misses the 1986 cut-off for rifles, is still technically a Cold War pistol since it pre-dates 1991).

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Pretty much. I was just trying out my BHP tonight, and the slide stop really doesn't love my current bullet profile. Might pivot to a Jericho (which, although it misses the 1986 cut-off for rifles, is still technically a Cold War pistol since it pre-dates 1991).
    You can use any modern iron sight pistol. You are just stuck with 7 rounds if you do

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    You can use any modern iron sight pistol. You are just stuck with 7 rounds if you do

He's in Cold War so he can go up to 15

Pistol: Any revolver or pistol with iron sights only. No optics allowed on pistols. Pistols with magazines greater than 15 round capacity will be loaded to no more than 15 rounds

7 round applies to manual and auto divisions though

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    He's in Cold War so he can go up to 15

Pistol: Any revolver or pistol with iron sights only. No optics allowed on pistols. Pistols with magazines greater than 15 round capacity will be loaded to no more than 15 rounds

7 round applies to manual and auto divisions though
    I know I'd be better off running my P320 X5, Glock 34, etc., but I feel like the match has a theme, and I'm gonna stay in the theme. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom