• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I've been driving an hour to get there for years. Before I bought a house and took over running a steel match at another range last year, I probably made that drive at least twice a month...often more. If it isn't for a match, you just bring enough guns to make a day of it and worth the trip ;)
    amen. Puts the local IWLA's in my area to shame

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    amen. Puts the local IWLA's in my area to shame
    You must not live near the York one :innocent0

Another perk I forgot to mention of joining AGC is the reduced match fee. Considering they seem to have some sort of action match every weekend, it wouldn't be a stretch for that $10 (if I recall correctly) savings to actually pay for the range badge (or vice versa, depending on how you think about it).

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    You must not live near the York one :innocent0

Another perk I forgot to mention of joining AGC is the reduced match fee. Considering they seem to have some sort of action match every weekend, it wouldn't be a stretch for that $10 (if I recall correctly) savings to actually pay for the range badge (or vice versa, depending on how you think about it).
    yes definitely something to consider.

Last edited:

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I was thinking about wanting to do a trench warfare stage. I want to start at some sort of "berm," that I can flop my body against but still be somewhat upright to take some rifle shots across No Man's Land. Kinda like the simulated rooftop stages like this:
    bzvynn88yqt21.jpg
    But with outdoor carpeting on it to look like grass (and maybe some padding underneath :o ). After neutralizing a few steel rifle targets, I want to go "over the top" and run downrange towards the enemy "trench". There might be some paper targets guarding the entrance to their trench...maybe I even use my bayonet, I dunno. I'll then draw my pistol and enter their "trench," which is corridors made out of the mesh barricades (like IDPA does). Obviously, I will pretty much just be moving downrange and laterally (shooting only downrange), but I definitely want to turn a corner to blast at least two paper targets at point blank range. :gun3: maybe there are a bunch in a bunker at the very end...maybe there is a hostage to rescue (or at least NOT shoot).

Just a thought :shrug:
    We’ve been talking a lot about a trench stage and recently have come up with what seems like a realistic implementation so it’s likely to be trialed in an ACM match and used in the Winter C&R. With a little less intensity.

I’m also close to figuring out something cool for foxholes for something on the 200.

Stay tuned?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    We’ve been talking a lot about a trench stage and recently have come up with what seems like a realistic implementation so it’s likely to be trialed in an ACM match and used in the Winter C&R. With a little less intensity.

I’m also close to figuring out something cool for foxholes for something on the 200.

Stay tuned?
    Sweet!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Stay tuned?
    Always staying tuned ;). The word "foxholes" gave me goosebumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom