• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    Ever since I got bit by the C&R bug, I always try to hunt down various accessories for my milsurps. Correct sling, bayonets, ammo pouchs, vintage ammo, holsters, cleaning kits, stripper clips, etc. Does anybody else do this?

I am curious what you do with this stuff. Do you keep it with your gun? Organize it? Display it? Stuff it in a shoe box? I just got a safe and it has become clear that I will have to move mine in order to make room for more rifles. I am interested in seeing what you guys do.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Ever since I got bit by the C&R bug, I always try to hunt down various accessories for my milsurps. Correct sling, bayonets, ammo pouchs, vintage ammo, holsters, cleaning kits, stripper clips, etc. Does anybody else do this?

I am curious what you do with this stuff. Do you keep it with your gun? Organize it? Display it? Stuff it in a shoe box? I just got a safe and it has become clear that I will have to move mine in order to make room for more rifles. I am interested in seeing what you guys do.

I do and I don't. For say my M1 Carbine and Garands, I have all sorts of stuff and I do have it proudly displayed.... and am always on the hunt for some more. For most though I just try to get a correct sling if practicle (and affordable). I do however look for the correct tools to take them down if needed... that is a must for anything I get. I don't go too crazy though on accessories outside the M1 stuff... I'd rather save the $ for ammo or more guns.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You gotta be organized.

The las thing you want is chaos, or you will be spending money for items you know you have but cannot find.:P

I normally keep the Bayonets affixed to the appropriate firearm. Ammo and other accessories go into ammo cans or well marked containers.

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    For the Mosins, I usually just put it all in one of those 7.62x54R wooden crates the 2/440 round tins of milsurp ammo comes in. That way I won't lose it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I like to have original accessories like the other guys said if it is reasonable. Original though can mean many different things, combat troops in each war simply used what they had which meant there were lots of mixmaster elements in every conflict. I'm sure a Mosin sling on an SVT-40 was not unheard of in the life of a conscripted Russian youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom