• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyKimber

Jan 21, 2023
    Columbia
    Hey Everyone,

Recently approved for my HQL. Still waiting on my HGP.

Quick Question: Is anyone else on the waitlist for a Bul Armory SAS II TAC 4.25"? Or has anyone been on the waitlist and eventually purchased? I am trying to get a feel for how long the wait may be.

This would be my first gun if that matters at all.

BillyKimber

Jan 21, 2023
    Columbia
    Hey LG! Nice to meet ya!

Hey Mr Ed! Yeah I am looking for the one and done firearm. Although, I have heard buying a firearm is like your first tattoo. You just gotta keep going after the first.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Quick Question: Is anyone else on the waitlist for a Bul Armory SAS II TAC 4.25"? Or has anyone been on the waitlist and eventually purchased? I am trying to get a feel for how long the wait may be.
    BUL USA is now de facto the only distributor for SAS IIs. You will probably be waiting months. If you want one sooner, you'll need to buy one on the secondary market. And, frankly, that might be a good decision anyways, because the 2023 TACs have aluminum frames for some reason. The 2022 guns are really the best ones, IMHO - optics cut and steel frame.

I have five SAS IIs: a TAC 5 (2022), a TAC Commander (2021, optics milled), TAC SC (2021, optics milled, steel grip), a TAC Government in .45ACP (2021, I think?), and a Bullesteros (2021). If you have questions about them, please feel free to PM.

BillyKimber

Jan 21, 2023
    Columbia
    BUL USA is now de facto the only distributor for SAS IIs. You will probably be waiting months. If you want one sooner, you'll need to buy one on the secondary market. And, frankly, that might be a good decision anyways, because the 2023 TACs have aluminum frames for some reason. The 2022 guns are really the best ones, IMHO - optics cut and steel frame.

I have five SAS IIs: a TAC 5 (2022), a TAC Commander (2021, optics milled), TAC SC (2021, optics milled, steel grip), a TAC Government in .45ACP (2021, I think?), and a Bullesteros (2021). If you have questions about them, please feel free to PM.
    Hey Erwos,

Thank you for commenting and wow that seems like quite the collection. Months? Sheesh. That is what I was afraid of. At that rate, I may go the Staccato route (original plan) but really like the SAS II TAC. I actually do have a question and will send a PM shortly.

BillyKimber

Jan 21, 2023
    Columbia
    Does anyone know if the 3.25" barrel that is currently available to order from their website is on the roster in MD?
    The funny thing is I almost came here and asked the exact same question since the handgun roster didn't list it specifically (maybe I'm overlooking). But if you go through the approvals from June or July 2022 (I believe it was) they are listed. kinda weird.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hey Erwos,

Thank you for commenting and wow that seems like quite the collection. Months? Sheesh. That is what I was afraid of. At that rate, I may go the Staccato route (original plan) but really like the SAS II TAC. I actually do have a question and will send a PM shortly.
    They're imported from Israel in batches. It is what it is. I am very happy with my SAS IIs, especially the TAC 5 (which is just exquisite). I am still tuning in the recoil spring on the TAC Commander SC - it's a bit flippy with 7lbs (despite weighing 45oz), so I'm thinking 8lbs variable might be the ticket. But they're all 100% reliable, which is not nothing with a 2011.

BillyKimber

Jan 21, 2023
    Columbia
    Isn't that something...I'm picking up my SAS II TAC Light 4.25 Friday and Bul just announced exactly what I wanted and it's even better with V8 Ports. Steel Frame and Slide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom