• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Upperbay

Oct 20, 2019
    Looking at Browning buckmark .22 as next hand gun purchase. Looking for input from owners of this gun. Good, bad and the ugly. Originally Looking at Ruger mark iv. But still up in the air.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I like mine. Well made accurate pistol. There are lots of you tube videos with comparisons between different .22 cal handguns. Mines just lacking a threaded barrel which I intend to remedy soon.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Tack drivers but not easy to disassemble.
    They require an Allen wrench and about 2 minutes. Super easy.

Great trigger out of the box. The only mod I do to mine is a Volquartsen extractor, it makes them super reliable. Especially if you use high velocity ammo (minimags work great)

There are a more models available now than ever but threaded Buckmarks are still a bit harder to find.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have both Buckmark and wife has Ruger 22/45 lite , the version that was hard to pull apart (version III?)
    Ruger needed cleaning more often.
    Buckmark, I went 1000 rounds before disassembling cleaning it other than a snake and maybe cleaning off the breech.
    I did not find it hard to pull apart though. Mine is a tack driver and heavy.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I'm looking at them both also, same dilemma, and everybody says the same thing about the takedown and trigger. One thing to take notice to is the grip. The Ruger has a 1911 style grip, the grip and trigger guard meet at an angle, hard to explain.
    The Buck Mark has a radius relief cut for your second finger up under the trigger guard .
    Hard for me to explain. Look at a picture of both where the trigger guard meets the grip.
    I've owned a bunch Ruger guns and had bad luck with most of them. I own a big bunch of Browning guns. I always liked the Brownings.
    There's another recent thread about the Ruger 22 pistols and they say the same thing, you can get aftermarket upgrades for the Ruger but the Buck Mark is good right out of the box.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    I have an older 5.5 target model. Excellent pistol, very accurate and reliable. The walnut grips are somewhat large if you have small hands. Not hard to disassemble. The Ruger is also a great gun. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Upperbay

Oct 20, 2019
    Thanks. I did a little searching for reviews. Like getting them from those who don't have any skin in the game. Looks like air is cleared with input here. Buckmark it will be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom