• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skeet 028

Apr 1, 2023
    Wy
    My buddy shot a swan at greater than 100yds with a Crossman pumpmaster and killed it. Sometimes you get lucky.
    I once got lucky lime that.Had pigeon come by me at about 50 feet. Shot at it with my BB gun. Killed it dead with a shot to the head. Almost fainted. As far as Swans...Only one I was ever involved with killing.had a party out north of Kennedyville on the shore. Pretty morning...we were getting ready to pack it in one bird shy of a limit. Had an old fellow I had been guiding for at least 10 years. A terrible shot...his son or grandson usually shot his birds. Standing up in the pit big ok swan came flying right over us.wings creaking.Said to the old fellow...Mr Bill look at this. He stood up.said holy cow...and grabbed his gun and made a beautiful shot...I mean DRT.I am sure I would have gotten a laugh. I was speechless. Only bird I ever knew he had killed. Big white bird in the middle of a 400 acre bare field. Then he turned to me and said...biggest snow goose I ever saw...yeah and he was serious

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I looked into getting a 10 gauge as a dedicated waterfowl gun, but shells, etc. would have been a PITA. Think I looked into the Browning BPS and Browning Gold at the time. This was about the time I bought my SBE. Might have been looked into it a couple years after buying the SBE, because a 3.5" 12 gauge just isn't the same as a 3.5" 10 gauge when it comes to ballistics.

Hevi-Shot is about all I use for waterfowling nowadays. I'll use steel sometimes for the first shot, but the 2nd and 3rd shot are Hevi-Shot. I bought some of it when it first came out, and the results were insane. First shot I took with the stuff was some #4's on a mallard that must have been 50 yards straight overhead. It came down hard and was dead on impact. I was hunting by myself that day. A couple weeks later, I was hunting in a large blind with a bunch of guys in Shady Side by the South River. Somebody picked up one of the empties and asked, "Who is the rich guy shooting Hevi-Shot". I got a bunch of ribbing that day. They threw in the fact that I bought the SBE almost as soon as it came out. Of course, after I bought the SBE, I let a couple of my buddies shoot it and next thing you know, they bought an SBE.

Glad I could derail this thread in typical fashion.
    My questions were answered 10 fold and I would expect nothing less from you good group of guys on here. I enjoy the wisdom, knowledge and the stories no matter what direction the thread goes. It’s all relative to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom