• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If it's in stock, ordered before 2:00, and UPS/Fedex, it ships that day from Midway. If it's in stock, it might ship that day, or a week later, from Cabela's. Any time I order from Brownell's, it takes at least two days before it ships out, if something is in stock. This is all before the panic started.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    I have not used Brownell's but I heard they give a discount to 03 FFLs. Anyone know how to get in on that? FWIW, I've used Midway with very good results however I find that Bruno Shooters Supply is generally speaking much cheaper for dies etc. Thanks.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I have not used Brownell's but I heard they give a discount to 03 FFLs. Anyone know how to get in on that? FWIW, I've used Midway with very good results however I find that Bruno Shooters Supply is generally speaking much cheaper for dies etc. Thanks.

Apply for your 03 FFL. Midway also gives the discount, along with a few others.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I have dealt with both and one advantage of Brownell's is that if it's available someplace, they will come up with it. Midway has a large selection as well but Brownell's has some stuff that other dealers have never even heard of. Shipping has not been a problem in the past, as others have said a day or two doesn't matter that much to me.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    My point is that it's not 1-2 days difference. As of today, I'm on day 9 of my wait for brownells to ship... All in stock items. That's a significant inconvenience.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    My point is that it's not 1-2 days difference. As of today, I'm on day 9 of my wait for brownells to ship... All in stock items. That's a significant inconvenience.

9 days, I would have been happy with 9 days. It took 22 days and 3 phone calls to get my in stock items shipped.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    UPDATE: It is now over two weeks and it's getting absurd. I finally got through to Brownells (most of the time, I get a busy signal) to talk to a person on Wednesday to ask WTF was going on... answer: "I have no idea. It was "picked" on the 1st, but it has not shipped." She "suspected" that they could not find an item and it was sitting until they could. Apparently, if it is a backorder item, they ship the in stock items immediately, but if they just can't find a part (but the computer says it's there) your order sits indefinately without any communication from the company. Great policy!

4 hours later, that was confirmed. So I told her to ax the missing part from my order and ship ASAP. She said that she would that and that the order would ship out Wednesday or Thursday morning and I would get an email confirmation. I then ordered the "missing" from another vendor (CSS) and it shipped same day.

Of course, it did not end there. It did not ship yesterday morning, or any time yesterday... and the customer service rep will not return my calls (I have her extension) asking for a status. What a cluster.

While this whole mess was going on, I've placed three orders from other gun part vendors (CSS, MidwayUSA & JBO) and they all shipped within a day.

buttersnipes

Dec 20, 2011
    Annapolis
    Just placed two orders from Brownells and Midway. Midway shipped the next day, Brownells over a week later. Midway's definitely got their logistics in the bag.

ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD
    Brownells listed a BCG as ins stock and I ordered it and I get an email a day later saying it was on back order. At least with Cabelas, if they let you back order it come in more or less when they say.

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    Forget both of them and go with joe bob outfitters I have placed two separate orders with them recently and they both shipped same day and was at my door in three days

atom33

Worker Drone - 7G
    Dec 7, 2008
    AmerikaTown
    Loved it when Brownell's cancelled my order for 20-rnd pmags since they had been "discontinued", which I didn't find out until I logged-in to their site and checked my orders. I immediately backordered the "next gen" pmags 3 Jan., no word since. Not one email from Brownell's, no order confirmations (for this or any other order), no "your order has been cancelled". I get their ads once or twice a week though, plus the one generic "we screwed up and filled orders out of sequence, hope this makes you feel better" email.

Brownell's does seem to have some harder to get items, but their basic customer service sux.

(I did finally get 20-rnd aluminum AR mags from Brownell's after a 6 wk backorder, ordered these as a hedge, glad I did!)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I recently ordered some powder from Brownells. Some in stock, the rest backordered.

The backorder has shipped, but NO additional shipping charge or Hazmat charge. They are shipping 1 pound at a loss due to the Hazmat fee.

THAT is customer service.

The reason some people are behind, but things are sold out, is real time inventory. They stuff is sold out, but they are still shipping out the orders that were placed when it WAS in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom