• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    4 of us were out this morning and we were shooting each other's rifles.
    I had them shoot my Swiss K31 and Savage Built Lee Enfield MK4 No1.
    Several shooters for each gun but the Swiss, even though its harder to use the sights, was shooting tighter for me. The Enfield is much easier to aim though and I'm sure this one likely saw some sort of combat or homeland defense. This was the first time I"d shot the Enfield at 100yds and I'm really happy with the results. GP11 in the K31 and Herters 150g in the Enfield. I need to drift both of them on the front sights a little as they were hitting a little left. We added some Kentucky windage 1/2 way into it. The Enfield is a 2 groove barrel. Both rifles, I shot after giving them a simple cleaning upon purchase (and headspace/firing pin inspection on the Enfield).

Enfield on TOP, K31 on BOTTOM

Attachments

• 20130423Enfield.jpg
      20130423Enfield.jpg
      68 KB · Views: 159
    • 20130423K31.jpg
      20130423K31.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 168

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think it's fine. With a scope it would group less than an inch if I was shooting well. This today is fixed sights and multiple shooters aiming differently. The shots in the orange on the K31 were my shots. I don't think I could hold any steadier than that with the fixed sights. The 2 on the bottom was one guy and the 3 on the left was another. Same sort of thing was going on with the Enfield except I was adjusting my point of aim on my shots after the first 2 were hitting left. The K31 is more accurate than I can aim. Maybe one day I'll shoot tighter groups w/o a scope on the K31

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Practice, practice and just a little more practice. Not the best accuracy but you had fun missing !

The best thing about shooting is the friends you meet and especially the ones that let you shoot their guns and vice versa. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom